Our client is one of the main investors in Romania and the world within the RES sector. With over 500 MW in Romania under operation and many projects under development and construction, they are now looking for an ambitious professional to join their Finance and Tax team in Bucharest for the position of Tax Compliance responsible for Romania.
- Secure the tax compliance of the Romanian entities of the Company. Including calculation, preparation and submission of all direct and indirect taxes (CIT, VAT, WHT, property taxes, local taxes, etc.).
- Actively participate in monthly, quarterly and year-end closing of the Romanian companies according to Romanian GAAP and IFRS.
- Monitor and control tax compliance, tax accounting and tax reporting activities within the company in Romania.
- Provide support to company-wide initiatives in Romania aiming to achieve a sustainable effective tax rate (at a consolidated and platform level) and cash-tax expenditure, identifying and evaluating tax regimes that may lead to an increase in the Romania’s tax efficiency.
- Assist with the preparation of responses to Tax authorities’ queries.
- Anticipate areas of change and bring forward ideas to influence and improve the tax compliance function.
- Follow legislative changes and new court case decisions and monitor their respective impact in the Group operations.
- Provide tax technical support to different areas of the Group, handling and answering to information requirements from management.
- Support the preparation of the (local) transfer pricing documentation for the Romanian entities in accordance to the Group TP policy.
- Secure and manage all tax matters in different M&A transactions in Romania (e.g. acquisitions, disposals, mergers, etc.), including tax structuring, tax due diligence, review of legal documents, review of the financial model, together with advisors and corporate tax team, where required.
- Evaluate of tax contingencies and opportunities and provide advice on any tax-related issues (e.g., projects, suppliers and customers tax queries, reporting, compliance, tax planning, tax risk management).
- Ensure that the financial information for tax in the internal and external reporting documentation processes is accurate and provides a true and fair representation of the assets and liabilities of the local entities.
- Review internal and external documents which contain any tax or potentially tax-relevant data or content.
- A minimum of 5-8 years of relevant experience in the tax practice in Romania. Previous experience in Big Four firm, reputable law firm or in-house tax analyst of multinational company is a plus.
- Legal, business administration or Finance degree; Post-graduate studies focused on Tax matters is a plus
- Advanced or proficiency level of written and spoken English. Other languages are a plus.
- Good knowledge of the Romanian tax System. European Tax Law and international Tax is a plus.
- Able to translate technical tax issues into practical business solutions.
- Finance skills or finance savvy.
- Accounting skills or accounting savvy.
- Sound organizational skills and process driven mentally.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work concurrently on multiple projects.
- Innovative, self-motivated and detailed-oriented.
- Committed to deliver excellent performance.
The company offers an attractive yearly salary plus bonus for performance, attractive benefits package including private health insurance, trainings among others.