Our client is an international investor with over 25 years of experience in the renewable energy sector. Due to recent investments done in the firm globally, the company is growing its portfolio Internationally and in Poland and therefore is looking for an additional member of their finance team in the position of Senior Accountant, reporting directly to the Financial Manager of the company in Poland. The role will hold responsibility for general accounting and tax operations of the holding company and its SPVs by posting, controlling, and verifying all types of financial transactions as well preparing tax declarations and reports both to internal and external entities.
- Verifying financial, administration and legal documents according to accounting and tax regulations
- Posting (book-keeping) of all types of transactions
- Decertation of documents
- Supporting in process of preparing reports and financial statements and presenting their results
- Verifying, allocating, posting and reconciling GL’s accounts as well payables and receivables
- Preparing tax declarations
- Assisting with tax audits and tax returns
- Assisting in external and internal audits, internal and external controls, ensuring compliance
- Spotting errors and recommending modifications to accounting system and procedures
- Supporting in preparing payments’ lists, budgeting, forecasting etc.
- Cooperation with Banks, Auditors, Legal Advisors, Customers and Vendors.
- Analytical accounting in SAP, with the use of the different cost objects used in SAP, WBS elements, statistical orders, cost centers.
- Overview P&L and cash (monthly) reforecasting function
- Support Financial & Controlling Manger in day-to-day professional duties
- Additional duties as required
PEOPLE: 1 direct report
REQUIRED EDUCATION: University degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE: at least 3-4 years’ experience with accounting and taxes, preferably in outsourcing (accounting office or similar)
REQUIRED LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION: Certificate of Ministry of Finance highly appreciated
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: Taxes Knowledge (CIT, PIT, VAT, Real Estate Tax etc.), Polish GAAP, accounting, and financial procedures
Polish (native or bilingual)
English (at least upper-intermediate level)
Proven experience as Independent Accountant/Senior Accountant
Thorough knowledge of Polish tax system, accounting procedures, Polish GAAP
Familiarity with financial accounting statements and internal.external reports
Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
MS Excel skills
Accuracy and attention to detail
Ability to be self-motivated
SAP skills and as well knowledge of energy industry would be highly appreciated