The Sales Manager is responsible for identifying, developing and closing business opportunities with new and existing clients and has key account responsibility for accounts in the East Mediterranean region, which includes Greece, Croatia, Serbia and other countries in Southeastern Europe.
- Working closely with the Director of Sales and headquarters to maintain a detailed understanding and overview of the market, the key account activities and the project opportunities;
- Developing new client relationships through pre-tender discussions, site visits, technical support and throughout the tendering and sales negotiation process;
- Taking the lead in the coordination and preparation of tenders for turbine supply, turnkey contracts and service activities;
- Leading negotiations with clients and coordinating the necessary internal resources in order to achieve successful contract closure on time and on budget with the support of the Head of Sales and playing a central role with the internal sales process;
- Close liaison and alignment with internal Engineering, Project Management, Commercial, Legal, Financial and other departments where necessary;
- The provision of coordinated planning, forecasting and reporting, working closely with CRM and other IT tools, in line with company requirements and in cooperation with the Director of Sales;
- Close liaison with the Project Management and Service department to ensure a smooth transition of projects between departments and effective feedback processes throughout the operation.
- Frequent travel within the country and abroad is part of the job.
A commercial background with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the sale of high value capital equipment to utilities and other institutional investors, preferably from the wind or other power generation industries and Greek, Croatian and / or Serbian marketplace.
- Degree-level qualification of minimum bachelor level, preferably master level, in an economics, mechanical/electrical engineering or suitable alternative discipline, together with a good technical awareness;
- A good knowledge of the wind energy market and a track record in the sale of wind turbines is strongly preferred;
- Capable of leading negotiations with the customer with the support of the extended sales team;
- Excellent knowledge of both written and spoken English. In addition Greek, Serbo-Croatian or German language is of advantage;
- Knowledge of project financing issues and experience with modelling cash flows and project economics would be a distinct advantage;
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office products, exposure to CRM desirable.
PERSONAL PROFILE REQUIREMENTS
- Familiarity with technical concepts;
- Strong intercultural communicator and negotiator;
- Clear customer and target orientation;
- Business oriented thinking & acting;
- Ability to take initiative;
- Ability to develop and relate ideas amongst others and to work in close cooperation with the team and on an inter-departmental basis;
- Ability to operate, influence and counsel within the extended sales team and towards business clients;
- A good intercultural awareness demonstrated through experience in working with international clients and colleagues.