Our client is an international company and one of the leaders in wind energy project contruction, commissioning and operations and maintenance with over 30 years of experience in the market. Currently they are looking for a QHSE Manager for Belgium based in Ghent or Vinalmont.
- Support the Company for the implementation of HSE laws and regulations:
- Health and Safety at Work: site management and coordination, contractor management, works at height, lifting and handling, electrical hazards (low voltage and medium/high voltage), mechanical hazards, Machinery Directive / Machinery compliance, etc.
- Environment: wind energy project specific requirements, works near utilities and networks (e.g. underground or overhead facilities), waste management
- Support to internal PM and Service Departments to define operational solutions to QHSE related issues (e.g. identification of equipment enabling to work safely or improving safety)
- Support to operational Departments to review the HSE plans prepared for the different sites or to review customers’ HSE requirements
- Coordinate the activities of the local HSE consultants (for the Site HSE Managers assigned to construction sites, coordination ensured by Lead HSE PM Mediterranean, QHSE Manager Belgium supports with regards to local laws and regulations)
- Support for the implementation of company QHSE policies (ISO 9001 / ISO 45001 / ISO 14001 certification) and, where applicable, of locally required management systems
- Support and advise Management and local Departments for the following tasks (non comprehensive list):
- Development of QHSE documentation
- Preparation of risk analysis / risk assessment documentation and method statements
- Reporting and investigation of QHSE related events and observations (incidents, near misses, unsafe situations), definition and implementation of corrective actions
- Definition of HSE related training requirements
- Definition of HSE requirements for contractors
- Internal and external QHSE MS (or IMS, Integrated Management System) audits
- Supplier audits, in accordance with supplier management process
- QHSE awareness initiatives or training
- Participation in the workgroups set up by local wind energy associations
- Contribution to QHSE projects run by the Region or Headquarter
- Bachelor or Master / Engineer’s degree (H&S management / environmental management, or mechanical engineering or electrical engineering)
- “Conseiller en prévention” / “Preventieadviseur” as per Belgian regulations
- Minimum 5 years in similar job positions or in HSE supervision / coordination on site (construction, operation & maintenance…)
- Country-specific HSE laws and regulations
- ISO 9001, ISO 45001, ISO 14001
- Methods: risk analysis / assessment, incident investigation
- Microsoft Office, Office 365
- Languages: FLUENT: French, Dutch, English
- Safety First – Attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a team and self-organized
- Readiness for extended business trips to construction sites, wind farms and service locations within Belgium on a regular basis; travel to HQ in Hamburg or to other locations in Europe (e.g. Mediterranean Region) may also be required.
- Physically able to work at heights
Our client is offering an attractive salary plus yearly bonus for the position and the opportunity to work long term with one of the leaders in the sector.