We are looking for an Operations Engineer to ensure continuous operations of our client’s solar PV plants in Poland. Are you an Electrical Engineer or Chief engineer with an interest in sustainable energy? This is a unique opportunity to make an impact that matters.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a high-growth company with a unique business model in a workplace where you can truly make a difference. Our client is a leading, integrated solar energy provider with 200 employees. They are currently looking for an Operations Engineer to join the Operations and Maintenance team in Gdansk as their presence in the polish market will increase tremendously over the next couple of years.
COmpany is in the process of establishing an Operations and Maintenance department (O&M) in Poland and the solar department consists of one colleague. The primary objective of the department is to operate and maintain solar parks in Poland.
Top priority is to perform technical inspections, handovers from the construction department to the Asset Management team and assist with surveillance of parks.
In cooperation with the other Operational Engineer in the O&M Team your responsibility will be to ensure that the O&M department´s objective of performing corrective and preventive maintenance in the solar parks is met.
In O&M company works like a team, but it is equally important that you proactively take initiatives and can operate on your own. Together with the other Operations Engineer in Gdansk you will share the responsibility of running the Polish parks and assist in establishing our Polish O&M team. Furthermore, you will be working closely with the O&M Team in Headquarters sharing knowledge and coordinating tasks.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring Company’s portfolio of green energy assets in Poland to ensure optimal performance
- Including after office hours surveillance duty shared with colleague (evening and weekends)
- Preventative maintenance inspections of Company’s solar PV plants to ensure optimal performance and correction of any defects that may impact performance or lifetime of plant components.
- Ensuring best HSE practices are followed throughout any operational activities on site.
- Management of spare parts holding to minimize production down time.
- Management of sub-contractors required for ongoing maintenance activity on site.
- Management of local stakeholders, including landowners, gird operators and municipalities.
You will be referring to the Director of Operations & Maintenance.
So, who are we looking for?
You are educated Electrical engineer and have minimum 5 years of experience in working with electrical installations in either the sustainable energy sector or an industrial area. Knowledge and experience of Polish renewable assets is an advantage. SEP E and D authorizations without voltage restrictions is required.
Apart from this you are:
- Proactive and willingness to take initiative
- Highly motivated to learn and an interest in continuously improvement within the organization
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and a strong attention to detail
- Fluent Polish speaker
- Strong in English skills – both spoken and in writing
Additionally, it is crucial that you possess an entrepreneurial mindset and are willing to learn and grow together.
Want to join our client team?
They know that it is their people who make the difference. It gives them great pride to see the impressive efforts made every day by their dedicated employees towards shaping a sustainable energy future. Guided by their mission, they have set out to strengthen ecosystems and accelerate the green transition at the same time.