Our client is one of the key investor sin renewables with one of the largest Solar and BESS portfolios in Central Europe and main offices in Germany, Switzerland, Poland, UK among other locations.
For its team in Berlin we are currently looking for an experienced Junior PV engineer to join their team.
The Junior PV engineer shall support the Technical manager and senior engineers on the daily design activities for utility scale PV projects.
Also preparation and review of Engineering design packages (Mechanical, Civil and Electrical) for large scale PV and BESS projects during all project phases.
The Junior PV engineer will report to the Head of Engineering and will have prominent exposure to and interaction with the other junior and senior engineering team members, business development, acquisition and transactions teams.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Fresh graduate or one years of work experience in design of utility scale PV plants.
- Good understanding of PV plant main components, techno-economic aspects of solar projects and latest market technologies is a plus.
- Sound knowledge about PV, MV and HV equipment’s, Power Transmission, System losses, & general electrical requirements of utility-scale solar power plants
- Motivated, quick learner, multitasking, problem-solver, pro-active and results-oriented.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability and proven experience to think creatively and developinnovative solutions involving electrical and mechanical challenges.
- Effective skills to engage and communicate professionally with all thedifferent teams.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Assessment of site topography, potential constraints, main components sizing and selection of suitable technology for PV design at early stages of development.
- DC capacity estimation, preparation of layouts, and planning packages typical drawings.
- Preparation of cable sizing and single line diagrams for LV,MV and coordinating with grid team the HV specifications to match with the HV single line diagram.
Evaluation of climate data sources, preparation of energy yield simulations (PVsyst) to provide key project performance indicators for commercial project optimization.
• MS Office
• PVCase or Helios 3D or similar design tools • PVSyst
- Academic degree in Electrical Engineering, Renewable Energies, Power Engineering or similar.