Our client is one of the fastest growing investors in Europe in PV and BESS storage systems. We are now looking for their newly created engineering team of a person that will lead this department as Head of Engineering. The Head of Engineering will responsible to set the standards to create industry best-in-class PVPP and ideally Battery Energy Storage designs in terms of growth and performance. This will be accomplished through technical expertise, innovative ideas, collaboration with internal stakeholders and establishing personal relationships with the key players within the renewable energy space such as suppliers of key components of PV and BESS.
In addition to setting the strategic pace and technological direction of the company, the Head of Enginneering will manage the engineering team during due diligence, design, pre-construction and construction phases of PVPPs and BESS.
The Head of Engineering will report to the holding COO and will have prominent exposure to and interaction with executive management and company directors.
- 10+ years of project engineering or design experience in the solar pv industryw
- Proven experience line management experience for technical teams
- Problem-solver, pro-active and results-oriented
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability and proven experience to think creatively and develop innovative solutions involving electrical and mechanical challenges
- Effective skills to engage and communicate with all stakeholders
- set the standards to create industry best-in-class PV and ideally Battery Storage designs in terms of buildability and performance
- provide guidance, direction, and mentorship to the Engineer team so the organization can efficiently, and cost effectively build Utility Scale commercial solar and storage projects
- Timely quality production, review and control of technical designs, technical specifications both mechanical and electrical
- Cost optimization of detailed engineering solutions designs and bill of materials
- Keep up with last technology developments and Identify new potential technology advancements to integrate in new and existing projects
- Attractive salary and benefits package
- Possibility to grow within the company
- Yearly bonus for performance
- Life and health insurance among others.
We will gladly review applications from candidates from the EU willing to relocate to Switzerland.