Our client is a renewable energy investment firm with over 120 employees in Europe. In this role, you will be supporting the company leadership in managing the financial planning and management reporting functions for the whole group and build up a small team of professionals over the coming years. You will have opportunities to influence and develop the group’s ways of working and will extensively liaise with local finance teams and the group project finance team in many different countries.
About the role
- Support (and manage) the development and implementation of methods, systems and decision-making models related to the financial management of the group.
- Prepare management reports on financial performance & planning, operational and financial risks as well as scenario analysis and stress testing.
- Take a leading role in the financial forecasting process of the group.
- Manage and further develop tools and processes used in financial planning.
- Liaise with internal and external functions to promote understanding of business performance as well as to support the financial planning and budget process.
- Support/manage the development of an efficient business intelligence function for the identification and monitoring of macro and other business critical factors.
- Support/manage the development of business KPIs and KRIs and manage the reporting thereof.
- Prepare ad-hoc financial analysis at the request of the board or top management.
- You have an academic degree within the area of Finance, Business Administration, Economics or a similar area.
- At least 5-10 years of experience of Business Controlling, Business or Financial Analysis in the renewables sector and/or a project driven organization with extensive financing requirements.
- A business-oriented mindset with an affinity for quantitative analysis.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills with an excellent understanding of quantitative calculation methods and analytical design processes.
- Strong communicator, both verbally and in written form, with the ability to effectively collaborate with people in different roles, functions and geographies within the organization.
- Self-going with the ability to take initiative. Exhibiting a passion for setting objectives, developing plans, designing processes and subsequently executing on agreed designs.
- Hands-on mentality with the ability to take on all relevant tasks but also to effectively manage and delegate tasks to other members of a team.
- You have advanced Excel skills with the ability to understand and manage complex financial models and support systems.
- Programming skills are an advantage.
- Full professional proficiency in English is a key requirement. Other languages are a plus