Our client is an offshore wind investor currently looking for a Foundations Fabrications Manager for their team in Warsaw. The role is based on a B2B contract.
Their project is entering advanced development and foundations fabrication contractors need to be selected and managed. Then as the project progresses to the construction phases there will be a requirement for the project to have a site presence to interface with contractors and manage the daily running of the construction. The site presence will support the Foundations Manager and represent the project at the contractor fabrication yards.
The successful candidate will report to the Foundations Package Manager and will possess a clear understanding of and experience in the following:
1. Foundations Fabrication Ownership
- Provide continuous foundations fabrication ownership;
- Lead Suppliers to deliver on time and within budget.
2. Technical Specifications and Support
• Prepare Fabrication technical specifications, scope of works, time schedules etc.;
- Prepare technical evaluations ensuring Fabrication contractors are technically qualified and fit for purpose;
- Support contracting process;
- Provide technical support on Fabrication to other Foundations workstreams and project packages (environmental, HSE, consenting);
- Ensure Foundations Fabrication interfacing with Design, T&I, certification and other packages if needed;
- Work closely with QA/QC Manager on Fabrication quality programme, test plans, Fabrication Quality Inspectors;
3. Foundations Fabrication Management
- Be the general client interface;
- Arrange and manage Site Team of client representatives and inspectors
- Manage the delivery of the works, i.e. change requests, technical queries, nonconformance reports etc.
- Manage the HSE aspects of the build on behalf of the project
- Review of applicable contractor fabrication documentation, i.e. Specifications, Procedures, Qualifications, Drawings, Reports etc. Where deemed appropriate for delivery of the works.
4. Foundations Fabrication Reporting and Project Control
- Track fabrication progress and attend progress meetings
- Manage the financial aspects of the build on behalf of the project, review variations and approve payments etc.
• Report weekly on delivery of the works for all fabrication contractors (time schedule, budget, risks)
Required Professional/Academic Experience:
- Previous construction experience within the offshore industry.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a comparable role
- A proven engineering/fabrication/welding background
- Attention to accuracy and detail is essential
HNC (or equivalent) or higher in Fabrication and Welding or related discipline is desirable.
- Knowledge of Foundations design processes and offshore installation is required.
- Working knowledge of construction standards, codes of practice and regulations/legislation relating to electrical and instrumentation work
- Knowledge of safety legislation and regulations
- Proficient knowledge of Office suite including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- A good understanding and interpretation of engineering and fabrication drawings
- Full driving licence
- Ability to relocate
- Ability to travel at short notice and for extended periods