Our client is a worldwide IPP, a developer of renewable energy projects with a wide range of project currently under development and construction in offshoe wind in Poland. For their Warsaw office due to rapid development of the company in that country they are currently looking for a Polish Legal Department’s Head with experience in legal due dilligence of projects, M/A and financing within infrastructure and legal contract management. Our client is a stable international company and one of the top leaders in the industry with a strong pipeline of projects in Poland and a high reputation worldwide.
- Supervise all legal responsibilities in Poland
- Leading M&A and project finance activities for the branch in Poland
- Coordinate with company’s teams the development, construction and operating phases of Company’s projects.
- Coordinate legal due diligence related to the acquisition of sites, greenfield and brownfield projects, energy portfolios, operating assets in Poland
- Assist the Company project finance team in negotiating financing documents, including the coordination with local and foreign counsels all aspects related to the financing of Company’s projects.
- Prepare and negotiate shareholders agreements, stock purchase agreement, joint venture agreements, among others.
- Draft and review EPC, O&M and services contracts.
- Coordinate with management team to structure commercial terms agreed with providers, providing guidance and an additional layer of check.
Education & Experience:
- Wide experience at a reputable law firm in energy and corporate matters.
- Also, wide experience at a reputable energy company is desirable.
- Admitted to the Polish bar association.
- Experience in M/A and financing within infrastructure
- Strong cross-functional communication and collaboration skills;
- Sound understanding of technical and commercial issues;
- Capacity to work under time pressure;
- Flexibility to being exposed to multidiscipline tasks and issues;
- Thoroughness and initiative;
- Ability to operate sensitively in multicultural environment and develop effective working relations with colleagues and clients across office locations and time zones;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Results orientation and demonstrated ability to think out of the box to drive results;
- Able to get buy-in and commitment from both internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to handle ambiguity and respond quickly and flexible;
- Fluency in English required (both written and spoken).