Our client is one of the leaders in the renewable energy industry with over 30 years of experience in the sector in different parts of the world. They build, commission and operate wind farms all over the world.
During project execution customer and their technical representatives require technical support. Within the project organisation this role will be covered by the Project Engineer for the areas Medium and High voltage, measurement and control engineering, SCADA and communication technics. Our administrative tasks ensures that contract requirements and customer needs will be transferred to the responsible departments so that project specific components can be ordered and configured accordingly.
- Designing wind turbine Medium Voltage components
- Planning communication interfaces (I/O, IEC-101, IEC-104, OPC, SQL, Modbus, TCP/IP)
- Clarifying wind park control concepts at grid connection point
- Reviewing and pursuing technical requirements for project permitting
- Aligning with Customers, Grid Operators and suppliers
- Creating of electrical tender documents
- Specifying project specific solutions in LV and HV-technics with special departments for developing and implementation
- Supporting in commissioning procedures and acceptance tests
- Give technical support to the Project Management during project phase
- Supporting of project certification process
- Work hand in hand with Engineering, Sales, Purchasing and Service
- Coordinating activities within the company and with customers or technical representatives as main point of contact for Electrical Engineering /SCADA related topics for the projects
- Bachelor or Master degree in electrical or power engineering or a comparable education incl. further qualifications
- Experienced in Measurement and control engineering
- Knowledge in communication- and network/IT/communication protocols technics
- min. 3 years of experience in an industrial environment, preferably in the wind business
- Experienced in customer care to clarify technical matters
- Very good knowledge in executing complex projects
- English, Dutch and French skills in writing and speaking
- Very good familiarity with MS-Office ( Outlook, Excel, Word, Teams )
- Ability to work independently, process- and solution-orientated
- Experience in assessing and implementing electrical and commercial requirements and specifications in contracts with customers and suppliers
- Ability to work with different business cultures – mainly in Europe
- Willingness to travel on construction sites and abroad
The position will be based in one of the company’s service centers in Ghent or Herentals.
The company offers an attractive salary and benefits package, trainings na additional benefits.