Our client is one of the leading producers of equipment for the wind farm industry. As part of the Control Design you will contribute in a multidisciplinary team to the design of the wind power plant distributed controller in the wind turbine and power plant level with a broad overview on mechanical loads and grid constrains using MBD approaches.
- Effective interaction, communication and collaboration with aerodynamic, electrical, mechanical engineers in a global team-based environment to meet the design requirements.
- Develop new algorithms for certifying new turbines COE driven for load reduction and improving the grid integration of the wind power plant
- Develop analytical models for stability analysis for the wind turbine and power system
- Perform simulations to assess and validate the controller solution
- Support to the controller integration and validation in the different targets
- Investigate and analyze complex control issues in the fleet and develop corrective actions
- Master or Ph.D. degree in Mechanical, Control, Aerospace or Electrical Engineering field
- Minimum of 3-5 years of work experience
- High knowledge on Control Design Techniques (QFT, Robust Control, MIMO)
- Desirable knowledge on Load Analysis with Aeroelastic codes (Aeroelasticity, Load Assessment)
- High experience with Mechanical and Electrical Systems modelling with Matlab / Simulink, ControlSystem, Simscape…
- Desirable with Embedded Coding Generation and RT systems for Control Applications.
- Desirable SW and programming skills in C/ C++, IEC 61131-3 (ST), Python, SVN/Git
- English (very good written and spoken), ideally skills in German and Spanish
- Independent, reliable and systematic/structured way of working
- Strong communication and team skills paired with intercultural competence