Our client is a worldwide Energy and Engineering consultancy. For their Renewable Energy Division we are now looking a Wind Projects Engineer specialized in the Eastern European markets. In this role you will be responsible for providing technical reports and consulting relating to due-diligence, bankability reviews, construction monitoring and other services for onshore wind turbine technologies. Billability targets will be established on an annual basis taking into account the level of effort required for high value non-billable activities.
The ideal candidate should be an engineer/consultant with a solid educational background in and strong affinity to renewable energies and minimum 2 years of professional experience in wind energy field, wanting to apply his or her technical skills to a rapidly growing and prospering renewable energy technology consulting field.
You will be responsible for providing project deliverables on time and under budget and to the high-quality standards of the company. The candidate will also be responsible for Client interactions, including technical review and discussion and review of project deliverables, in addition to providing support in resolving project-related issues. Our client applies the seller-doer principle, meaning that the technical staff is also responsible to a certain degree for business development and sales.
Candidates need to have an understanding and working experience with wind turbine systems including the corresponding infrastructure. Typical duties may include:
- Technical review and consulting;
- Preparation of technical reports for Customers;
- Support the preparation of offers and tenders;
- Conduct site visits and construction monitoring activities;
- Participate in wind projects due diligences,
- Project responsibility;
- Support in and administration of project-documentation;
- Following up on open issues with the Client, including coordinating input on such issues from internal technical specialists as necessary;
- Completing projects in budget, time and quality;
- Attending meetings with Clients;
- Assuming business development and sales tasks;
- Support teamwork throughout the immediate and greater organization, including international projects.
Key Qualifications for the Role
- University (also UAS) degree or equivalent technical education (e.g. in mechanical/electrical/industrial/civil engineering);
- Professional experience in due diligence work on wind turbine projects;
- Understanding of the wind power industry in general and multi-megawatt wind turbine projects specifically;
- Knowledge on wind projects development and construction;
- Understanding of the renewable energy sector, including Polish and European wind market;
- Excellent English and Russian language skills (both spoken and written)
- Ability to compose clear and accurate reports in English and Polish;
- Knowledge of MS Office solutions (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); advanced knowledge would be a plus (e.g. macros, VBA, Excel Pivot Tables);
- Business Development or sales experience would be an advantage;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 20% of the time domestically and 5% internationally to wind farm sites, conferences, client and internal meetings.
- Diligent and team-oriented;
- Confident manner, independent and structured way of acting;
- Project Management skills, good organizational and effective time management skills as you may be required to handle multiple projects;
- Positive attitude, takes on initiatives, detailed-focused, and results oriented;
- Ability to approach and win colleagues or Customers for the achievement of project goals;
- Ability to resolve conflicts and work solution-oriented;
- Reliable and detail-oriented in day to day project affaires;
- Critical thinking and problems solving skills;
- Self-motivated, proactive, high sense of responsibility and personal integrity.
OFFER our client is offering a permanent position in their CEE HQ in Warsaw, an attractive salary plus benefits package and the ability to work in an international team on large scale energy projects in Eastern and Central Europe.