Our client is a global wind energy player, and one of the key product and service providers (including construction PM services ) for the wind energy sector. We are looking for a Tender Manager to join their growing team in Greece. Apart from the Greek tenders the person will be responsible also for the Balkan region. The Tender Manager is part of the PM (Project Management) function and works during the sales phase of a project. They will work as part of the extended sales team and with the customer to develop a project execution strategy and programme that is competitive and executable as budgeted, planned and contracted. Client exposure and strong commercial and technical skills are a must in this position.
Within our matrix organisation the Tender Manager will report to the Head of Tender Management MED and functionally to the Director of Tender Management (Division Europe) and will be responsible for managing the Costing and Budgeting tool for PM activities across the division.
Your Tasks in this position include:
- Develop and define the delivery, installation and takeover strategy for the wind farm
- Work with internal functions to deliver a competitive and realistic project budget (project team, site infrastructure, logistics, crane and installation, commissioning, balance of plant)
- Develop and deliver a project programme (Aligned internally and externally)
- Produce a resource plan where resources have been secured (either internally or externally) and accurately budgeted.
- Clear, agreed project scope (aligned internally, with the customer and with suppliers)
- Manage the contract risk evaluation and risk and opportunity management plan during the sales phase of the project for the PM scope.
- Conducting site surveys to check conditions of accessibility in close coordination with the PM logistics department
- Conceptual planning and preparation of projects during the Sales phase in order to facilitate a smooth transfer into project operations
The ideal candidate:
- Technical background with a Bachelors or Master’s degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Project management experience necessary (preferably in the wind energy sector and/or in turnkey construction projects)
- Knowledge of construction site works/Logistics/Crane and Installation strategies would all be advantageous
- Professional experience in comparable positions working on multi-million EUR contracts with strong commercial and financial acumen
- Experience of working with/administering/negotiating contracts (knowledge of standard construction contract forms would be advantageous) forms of contracts would be an advantage.
- Strong interface thinking approach – ability to work across multiple functions and understand the impact of the interactions and limitations in terms of programming and budgeting
- Good knowledge and appreciation of the local regulations and legal requirements regarding construction works and HS&E
- High level of competence in Project Planning software (e.g. MS project or Primavera)
- Excellent English language skills required (Eastern European language skills advantageous)
- Strong interpersonal skills to be able to build relationships and work with other internal functions and clients to ensure all project constraints and conditions are understood.
- Ability to work across different cultures
- Willingness to go on business trips within Europe
The company offers an attractive salary and benefits package, yearly performance based bonus and trainings among other benefits.