For a global leader in the development and management of solar energy projects we are looking for TENDER AND CONTRACTS MANAGER for their office in Warsaw.
In this role, you’ll bring the necessary expertise and relevant industry contacts to contribute to the rapid growth of our pipeline. You will manage project opportunities from pre-tender phase through to contract award.
Alongside your main position, you’ll manage, create and update processes that benefit the team and business, taking initiative to improve how we do things.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide support during the pre-tender process including preparation and issuance of requests for quotation/invitations to tender, on-boarding new contractors and working closely with development teams.
- Enquire and coordinate with Project Team representatives (development, technical, legal, HSE, etc.) for specification/ technical and clarifications required for tenders and proposals.
- Negotiate commercial terms with preferred bidders based on the requirements of the project.
- Recommend the awarding of the contract through allocation of risks & cost review.
- Oversee projects effectively – leading meetings and communications and directing stakeholders to ensure maximum efficiency. This necessitates a high level of action-orientated, clear communication at all times, including weekly and monthly meetings/reporting to peers and project team.
- Strong breadth of knowledge across Energy project life cycle & key players in the industry
- Knowledge of Construction / FIDIC Contract structure
- Strong written and verbal English language
- Understanding of renewables industry, energy and environmental issues in Europe
- Degree in related discipline desirable
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the Energy market
- Strong track record of negotiation, closing contracts and managing claims
- Developing and managing work-related projects, deadlines and resources across cross-function teams is a must