Team member of Tax function for an international company present also in Portugal, France, Belgium, Poland, Romania, Italy, UK, Greece, Hungary, Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, Chile, Vietnam, Canada and the United States. Your role will consist of the following main
- Secure the tax compliance of the Polish entities of the company. Including calculation, preparation and submission of all direct and indirect taxes (CIT, VAT, WHT, local taxes, etc.).
- Actively participate in monthly, quarterly and year-end closing of the Polish companies according to Polish GAAP and IFRS.
- Monitor and control tax compliance, tax accounting and tax reporting activities within the company in Poland.
- Provide support to company-wide initiatives in Poland aiming to achieve a sustainable effective tax rate (at a consolidated and platform level) and cash-tax expenditure, identifying and evaluating tax regimes that may lead to an increase in the company’s Poland’s tax efficiency.
- Assist with the preparation of responses to Tax authorities’ queries.
- Anticipate areas of change and bring forward ideas to influence and improve the tax compliance function.
- Follow legislative changes and new court case decisionsand monitor their respective impact in the Group operations.
- Provide tax technical support to different areas of the Group, handling and answering to information requirements from management.
- Support the preparation of the (local) transfer pricing documentation for the Polish entities in accordance to the Group TP policy.
- Secure and manage all tax matters in different M&A transactions in Poland (e.g. acquisitions, disposals, mergers, etc.), including tax structuring, tax due diligence, review of legal documents, review of the financial model, together with advisors and corporate tax team, where required.
- Evaluate of tax contingencies and opportunities and provide advice on any tax-related issues (e.g., projects, suppliers and customers tax queries, reporting, compliance, tax planning, tax risk management).
- Ensure that the financial information for tax in the internal and external reporting documentation processes is accurate and provides a true and fair representation of the assets and liabilities of the local entities.
- Review internal and external documents which contain any tax or potentially tax-relevant data or content.
- ACADEMIC LEVEL
- legal, business administration or Finance degree;
- Post-graduate studies focused on Tax matters is a plus.
- REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in the tax practice in Poland.
- Previous experience in Big Four firm, reputable law firm or in-house tax analyst of multinational company is a plus.
- SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE
- Good knowledge of the Polish tax System. European Tax Law and international Tax is a plus.
- Able to translate technical tax issues into practical business solutions.
- Finance skills or finance savvy.
- Accounting skills or accounting savvy.
- Well-rounded MS Office computer skills, including proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and SAP.
- Advanced or proficiency level of written and spoken English.
- Other languages are a plus.
SKILLS / COMPETENCES
- Sound organizational skills and process driven mentally.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work concurrently on multiple projects.
- Innovative, self-motivated and detailed-oriented.
- Committed to deliver excellent performance.
- Motivation towards continuous improvement
Our client offers a permanent contract with an attractive salary, benefits and bonus for performance.