Our client is one of the leading investors in Poland in offshore wind projects. We are now looking for their technical team for a Substructures Engineer. The role will be supporting the delivery of the Substructures supply and installation works package, from contracting to engineering and execution, in collaboration with other technical, commercial and legal areas of the project. The role will include leading on aspects of design/engineering and installation works as directed by package manager.
- Support the substructures Package Manager in the management of contractors throughout the project lifecycle, including management of contracts or sections of contracts related to the design / engineering, manufacture and fabrication of offshore substructures.
- Responsible for preparing, elaborating and providing all the specifications and technical documentation and contribute in all technical negotiations.
- Management of Technical documentation, and coordination of inputs with other packages of the project as well with possible 3rd parties as lenders technical advisors.
- Support the discharge of planning consents associated with the project’s offshore substructures.
- Preparation and development of technical specifications for the works.
- Planning and implementation of adequate auditing of the works of the EPCI contractor
to ensure compliance with legislative and contractual requirements.
- Maintain an effective and systematic planning and control of project offshore works (in what concerns cost, deadline, quality and safety); Ensuring control of the budget, deadline and quality aspect, as well as assessment of contractors/subcontractors involved in the project; Produce monthly project reports outlining progress, budget and
safety statistics; Produce other reports as necessary during the course of the project.
Degree in relevant Engineering discipline (M.Sc.). Mechanical Engineer preferred.
Fluent in Polish and English.
• Within 3 and 5 years’ experience in offshore and structural related positions.
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation (including the CDM regulations) and best practice is essential.
- Knowledge of fabrication codes and standards (e.g. DNV, EEMUA) and substructures standards (e.g. DNV-OS- J201) is desirable.
- Demonstrable knowledge is required in relevant areas including: general offshore engineering / construction planning / consenting and planning considerations.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to easily identify and resolve problems
- Develop a general overview and understanding of projects.
- Responsible, organized, analytical, problem solving and critical thinking.
Location in Warsaw or Gdynia, but travelling to supplier’s facilities and offices, local construction ports and constructions sites may be required.