The Substructures Design Manager shall ensure that appropriate technical input is provided and engineering work is delivered as required from the development through to FID.
The Substructures Design Manager is responsible for ensuring delivery of the engineering design- basis. He/She will ensure that the project is appropriately engaged with key external stakeholders – such as the supply chain and regulatory bodies as relevant to Substructures and Foundations – and internal stakeholders – such as the Commercial and Procurement teams to provide support with respective activities. All this with the aim to develop a reliable technical solution, optimising LCoE and quality while minimising health, safety and environmental risk.
1. Structures Design Management
• Manage, supervise and follow up on structures design (supporting wind turbine or substation) prepared by engineering company, which means reviewing documentation (eg. reports, drawings), keeping track of the progress, facilitating meetings etc.
2. Technical Specifications and Support
- Prepare technical specifications, scope of works, design basis and time schedules
- Reply to Technical Queries
- Prepare technical evaluations ensuring that contractors are technically qualified and fitfor purpose
- Provide technical support to other project packages3. Design Ownership
• Provide continuous design ownership, liaise with internal and external stakeholders ensuring necessary internal input for design is received and outputs from design are shared
4. Reporting and Project Control
- Maintain control of design contractors securing work progress (mainly progress, budget, time schedule, risks, safety)
- Report periodically (produce reports on progress, budget, schedule, risks, safety etc)
• Master’s degree in civil/ structural/ mechanical engineering. Offshore structural skills are highly desirable
• Excessive experience as structures design (or related engineering discipline) engineer/ manager
- Fluent in English
- Extravert, like engaging with people, proactive
- Good knowledge of offshore structural design
- Clear understanding of disciplines as safety, mechanical and electrical and how these areintegrated in structure design supporting wind turbine or substation
- Sound understating of structures transportation and installation process
- Knowledge of Polish design regulations, construction permit process is desirable
- Polish chartership is desirable