Our client is part of an global production group now seeking to invest in renewable energy projects throught its renewable investment company. They will invest both in rooftop and onshore projects. The Construction PM joining their team will be assigned to manage both the investment as well as the construction process of the solar farms, having support from the local teams of the group as well as external companies.
In this role you will be working on international projects, mainly in Europe, and will be responsible for the technical management as well as budget planning and contract management, assuring the projects are delivered on time and on budget.
Main duties will include:
- Collaborate with engineers, architects and other employees or subcontractors indifferent phases of development of the project
- Planning of the construction schedule
- Choose subcontractors and delegate their responsibilities. Monitor their performance according to the contractual obligations agreed.
- The PM will also be responsible for any delays, emergencies and problems that can arise
- Compliance with safety and building codes as well as legal requirements. Making sure all subcontractors adhere to the HSEQ guidelines of the company
- Report project progress and budget to the management board or co-investors/partners (in case there are any)
- Participate in negotiations with materials or equipment providers together with the procurement team
- Obtain building permits, licenses or meet code regulations or make sure those are being negotiated by subcontractors or external services providers
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 7 years of experience in construction management with most of those in solar energy projects
- Excellent knowledge of the investment process and permitting required in most European Countries
- A BA or Masters in Engineering (electrical, civil or mechanical preferred)
- Fluent English is a must, German would be a plus.
- Flexibility to travel as the projects he-she will manage are in different countries in Europe.
- An MBA will be a plus in this role.
- Contract and Budget management experience is a must
As you will be liaising with colleagues and subcontractors from different parts of the world, it is essential you have strong communication skills.
We are looking for independent professionals, who are mature enough to be partners to the management team and Board in terms of investment and technical decisions to be taken in the projects pipeline or in the projects currently being build.
You will also be open to receive constructive criticisms in order to grow within the organization.
A true leader being able to adapt to changes, make strategic decisions, implement innovative solutions and lead multinational teams
Our client Offers:
- The opportunity to gain international experience in solar projects around Europe
- An attractive salary and bonus plus benefits package
- A chance to develop within the structures of the organization