Our client, global quality assurance and risk management company is seeking a highly motivated and dedicated Solar Engineer to join their team in Warsaw. The position is a full-time position.
As an independent advisor, the Solar Engineer will spend most of the time conducting direct project work for clients, in addition to supporting business development and in-house research projects.
In particular, the Solar Engineer will be involved in the solar projects in Poland and Eastern Europe countries and will be part of an international group of solar experts dealing with operational services for solar plants.
- Direct Project work: As part of the daily work, it is expected that the Solar Engineer will be involved in technical advisory and due diligence tasks, which may include project analysis, data analytics with skills and knowledge to determine project performance trends and component behavior, site inspections for root cause analytics, project management, preparing and delivering presentations and direct contact with the Customers. The Engineer will provide also solar energy related services associated with system design, design review, site assessment, technology evaluation and risk assessment, EPC evaluation, selection, and monitoring and technical report writing.
- Commercial: The Solar Engineer will provide support to the existing solar team on tracking business opportunities, preparation of proposal, market intelligence, develop services according to Industry needs and develop and maintain the required network of contacts with focus on Poland and main Eastern European solar PV markets.
- Previous experience in the solar sector, at least two years, preferable in consultancy or engineering companies. Please note that candidates not fulfilling this requirement will not be taken into account for the placement;
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in solar/ renewable energy, engineering, electric, statistics, atmospheric science, mathematics, physics or other relevant discipline;
- Familiar with development, EPC and operation of Solar PV Plants in Poland and/ or internationally;
- Knowledge of wind renewable energy will be an advantage;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English and Polish; knowledge of Ukrainian would be an asset; Russian language is a plus.
- Willingness to travel across the country and internationally;
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook; PvSyst or other similar solar software would be a strong asset;
- Valid driving License.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills, including ability to write clear and detailed technical reports, presentations and emails;
- Ability to work independently, with an internal team, and with external partner organizations;
- Strong analytical and project management skills.