Our client is one of the most promising roof top and utility scale investor in Europe with over 15 years of experience in the renewable energy sector. Part of one of the largest renewable energy groups in the world. For their Warsaw HQ they are now looking for a Solar Design Engineer.
As main role as a Design Engineer will be provide engineering support on rooftop and ground mounted solar energy installations as PV designer of solar PV including:
• Ownership of all generic technical documents relating to mechanical and electrical design.
•Work within the technical team and with suppliers and sub-contractors in the development and delivery of technical solutions. This is to include electrical calculations, surveying, shading analysis and PV Syst modelling.
• Provide conceptual designs, yield forecasts and financial forecasts.
• Support design and technical colleagues with site surveys and feasibility assessments
• To manage the development of cost effective design and engineering solutions and deliver complete design packages for project proposals (including tenders)
• Production of technical specifications and drawings using AutoCAD
• Management of technical relationships with sub-contractors, funders and Distribution Network Operators
• To be ensure full compliance with quality and H&S systems
• Support the specification of components for the procurement process
• Support the commissioning of completed systems and the related testing process
• Where required liaise with the client on technical matters including system handover, Roofit registration, application and export meters;
• Provide quality advice and installation support where required during construction phase
• Assist in the survey of potential future projects
• Represent the company at external events where required
• Ensure due diligence with DSO in collaboration with Field Services Team ( prepare aplication and Interact with DSO to ensure requirements of interconnection and adjustments in project after DSO feedback;
Electrical Engineering background
Experience with software to design solar PV solutions – Helioscope, PV syst, PV sol or equivalent
Minimum 3 years of experience as electrical designer
Autocad (Electrical schemes)
Qualifications to stamp/sign electrical projects
Qualified in an Engineering Discipline or the equivalent working experience with an electrical bias
Experience electrical wiring design yield calculation
Experience of renewable generation and rooftop solar
Excellent communication skills.
Analytical and project management skills.
Availability to travel.
Results oriented, organised and able to prioritise the objectives set.
Polish Native and English language fluent