Our client is one of the leading wind energy companies in the world.Currently due to their rapid expansion in Chile and the South Conde, they are looking for a Site Manager to support their construction sites in different locations in Chile and possibly Colombia and Argentina.
The Site Manager reports to:
- If the position of Site Manager are located in the country and the Project is located in the country too, the Site Manager reports:
- Disciplinary and Functionally (“solid line”) to such HoC and Project Manager
- If the position of Site Manager is not located in the country where the project is located, , then the Site Manager will report:
- Disciplinary (“solid line”) to the Head of Responsible of Global Site Managers.
- Functionally (“dotted line”) to the Head of Construction and Project Manager if exists of the region/Country. If not, to the nominate Head of Construction and Project Manager of the project.
Ensure that all project on site activities comply with general Company HSE regulations and specific HSE regulations for construction sites. Manage the whole construction process to meet deadline, cost, quality, safety and environmental requirements. Ensure the preservation of the natural environment for the areas in which the work is to be performed as well as to promptly report any spillage, littering or other event which could negatively impact the surrounding area
- The project Manager and project Operations team.
- Head of Construction
- Supporting functions.
- Executive Company representative and overall responsibility on site
- Manage and monitor all aspects of health, safety, environmental and technical requirements at the wind farm site
- Oversee, manage and control civil and electrical site works in anticipation of turbine delivery.
- Support the Project Manager with the planning, preparation, establishment and execution of the site works.
- Check and oversee time schedules for the management of the site and safeguard its execution on-time and within budget.
- Organization and replacement of resources, tools and materials.
- Coordinate component arrival at site, erection and commissioning of the wind turbines in order to assure the hand over to the customer and the Company service team on-time and in good quality.
- First point of contact for customers, suppliers and personnel at site and build a strong relationship with the afore mentioned.
- Lead Company site team of representatives from different departments involved in the project site: EHS, quality, logistics, Supply Chain, , construction and commissioning and BOP if any.
- Instruct, control and manage personnel at site, subcontractors and all suppliers of Company at the site including erection and transportation companies.
- Control costs and provide the Project Manager with all necessary reports and feedback regarding progress, claims, installed equipment and quality issues at site.
- Provide support and participate in those activities needed to improve Company operations, such as: processes improvement, lessons learned, improvement or optimization strategies, etc
- Minimum 5 years experience in operative project execution and construction site management for complex technical projects either in the civil construction, manufacturing and plant engineering industry, the wind turbine or similar industries/energy sector
- Good computer skills are required, especially MS Office and MS Project
- Fluent in English
- Excellent technical qualification
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Good communication skills
- Pro-active attitude being able to work with minimum supervision and under pressure
- Basic knowledge and appreciation of the technical, commercial and political aspects driving the wind industry would be advantageous
- Capable of working independently, however, with the support from and in permanent cooperation with the other members of Company Project Management Department
- Willingness to travel
- Management and work with multidisciplinary teams
- Organizational, strong leadership and planning skills
- Ability to analyze problems and make decisions
- Committed person
- Able to work in an indoor or outdoor environment.
- Must be able to use Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Able to suit to change quickly
This is a permanent position, unlimited contract with attractive salary and benefits.