For a global leader in the development and management of solar energy projects we are looking for SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER for their office in Warsaw.
This role is responsible to manage the different projects assigned to him from early development until the handover of the project after construction and commissioning is successfully achieved, maintaining the HSE KPI below our corporate targets, while adhering to the quality, timelines and cost in the contract.
This role will also support other projects not directly assigned to him, based on the regional team needs.
- Ensure the development of the project considers HSE and construction criteria during the planning stage and the RFP basic design.
- Ensure the design review process for the EPC basic design is performed and actioned at the right time before the execution of the contract or the activity.
- Ensure in coordination with the different teams involved that the RFP documentation, technical and commercial proposals review, shortlist, contract negotiations are adequate. Including the review and preparation of any contractual documents required prior to the contract execution.
- Develop and foster strong working relationships with the local team and at a global level to support business development
- At contract signature, coordinate all aspects of the project until the start of commercial operations and successful hand over to the Asset Management team.
- Ensure all projects are built safely and in agreement with company requirements, as well as local regulations, including the project permits.
- Continuously monitor the HSE KPI and activities on site, to ensure the site maintains proper housekeeping and it is a safe environment to work in. Coordinate with the HSE corporate and local teams on any HSE risks, and audits.
- Lead the legal aspects of the project, including the responses to any contractual requirements, LNTP, NTP, claims, requests for information, letters from the contractor, change orders, etc, coordinating with the legal team as needed to issue these.
- Ensure the project design is properly validated, in agreement with the technical requirements, and do not delay the procurement or construction activities.
- Refine the documental needs for each payment milestone is achieved and validate it with the different teams who may be involved (engineering, procurement, quality, HSE, etc).
- Ability to produce updated project schedules and assess productivity ratios to forecast the project dates. Assess and work with the Contractor on the engineering, procurement and construction activities relations so optimize the project schedule, prior to contract signature and during the execution of the works.
- Prepare the weekly and monthly reports of the projects under his review, with the information provided by the contractor and if present, the Owner’s Engineer along with the Senior Project Manager own analysis. Other reports or documentation may need to be developed to satisfy internal or external requests for information, including PowerPoint presentations.
- Manage the project budget and cashflow, ensuring proper updates of construction and financial activities are reflected on the project budget, change in dates on the generation revenues, service of the debt is adequate, and in general the project IRR is optimized between contract signature and start of commercial operations.
- Ensure the quality of the works is aligned with LSbp technical requirements, and that proper ITPs are developed with the EPC and the quality team to ensure proper validation of the works and milestones.
- Review and issue the Non-Conformities associated with poor performance of the works and/or HSE non compliances.
- Lead the interconnection activities to energize the project, involving the Contractor and the internal Grid team. Managing and scheduling the meetings with the relevant authorities, TSO, DNO, contractor, handing over of materials, and managing the interconnection process (documents, flowchart, meetings, timeline).
- Lead the coordination with the Lenders Technical Advisor for debt drawdowns or any other queries it may have in representation of the lenders, and in coordination with the relevant internal teams.
- Review and accept, and if needed coordinate with the different teams, the documents which are part of the commissioning, and handover process to asset management COD.
- In the event of a temporary assignment of a project (for example, annual leave of a colleague), coordinate the handover (at the beginning and at the end of the assignment) and support the project as if it were your own.
- Work with the EPC team at a global level to improve procedures and specifications. This also applies to relationships and procedures with the business development, asset management and O&M teams.
- Coordinate and supervise the works of the Construction Manager (internal or external), and/or the Owner´s Engineer as the strategy for each project may be. In the event of external CM or OE, the PM is expected to actively participate in this process and develop any scopes specific to the project and list of potential suppliers.
- Strong technical knowledge of the industry and technology used.
- Ability to understand technical requirements, drawings and product specifications.
- Strong contract management skills and drafting of contractual letters.
- Strong relationship with EPC’s.
- Strong relationship with the relevant stakeholders to facilitate the interconnection process of the projects in the country.
- Knowledge of fundamental project management systems and procedures in the construction industry
- At least 5 years in the renewable energy from a construction perspective in the country of reference, from an EPC, DNO or IPP.
- Deep knowledge of the development, construction, interconnection, commissioning process of Solar PV plants in the country of interest, including HSE requirements
- Successful track record in delivering the projects with no accidents and on-time and managing the key stakeholders.
- Successful track record in maintaining the administrative and commissioning of the plant on time in the geography of reference on time, working directly with the relevant stakeholders.
- Previous experience of managing a team is essential.
- Previous experience as Site Manager or engineering manager is a bonus
- Previous experience in the Renewable Energy sector & project management is essential, in the geography of reference.
- Experience of managing construction of large-scale PV Solar projects bigger than 50MW.
- Degree in engineering or construction or equivalent qualification.
- Additional contract management and PMP courses will be a bonus.