Our client is one of the largest players in the offshore sector and we are now looking for Senior Geotechnical Engineer.
1.Site Investigations Management:
- Ownership for Site Investigation area
- Plan, Manage, Supervise (both in-situ and laboratory) site investigation campaigns and
any related activities including arrangement of onboard representation; finally interpret geotechnical in-situ and laboratory testing data and coordinate interpretation of geophysical data with geoscientist/ coordinate geoscientists works
- Procure and manage site investigation contractors and third party studies, by drafting relevant scope of work and technical specifications, evaluation of suppliers and regular follow-up during the works
2. Geotechnical Scope for Foundation Design
- Lead Ground Model contractor/ support geophysicists for development by providing geotechnical input to define layering a material parameters.
- Scope and review Geotechnical Interpretative Reports for Foundations Design.
- Manage the supply of geotechnical data to the Foundation Designer by ensuring that
the most optimised data is used.
- Be able to develop own calculation files for design and installation checks of different
foundation typologies, considering industry established soil structure interaction
- Assist on delivering preliminary estimations for foundation design by considering
appropriate soil-structure interaction models. 3.Technical Support:
- Liaise and support other departments (consenting, procurement, HSEQ, project control etc).
- Assist the Transport & Installation team in assessing the installation techniques for the specific ground conditions such as leg penetration assessment, drive ability studies amongst other tasks.
- Assist on maintaining and keeping up to date geo databases.
- Ensure that lessons learned are properly documented and implemented.
4.Reporting and Project Controls
- Control costs, deadlines, quality of site investigations and geo support contractors
- Report on progress, budget, schedule weekly/ monthly. Produce reports as required
- Experience with planning geotechnical campaigns, both in-situ and laboratory programs including advanced texting such as anisotropic compression and cyclic degradation.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills.
Knowledgeable with programming languages (Matlab, Python, etc) is a plus.
- Experience with FEM and advanced constitutive soil models will be an advantage.
- Familiar with drieve ability analyses, SRD models and use of commercially available
- Familiar with GIS environments is desirable although not essential.
• Civil Engineer with post-graduate studies in Geotechnics or Soil Mechanics