Our client is one of the biggest manufacturers of components for the wind industry in Europe and the rest of the world. For their team in the Netherlands we are searching for an experienced Sales Manager with a strong commercial background, who will be responsible for providing a significant contribution to the Dutch Sales Department in achieving its ambitious targets for sales, revenues and market share growth over the coming years. In this position you will cooperate with another Sales Manager and the engineering team in approching clients and presenting tenders with concrete proposals. You will also take on key account responsibility for a number of important accounts in thre Netherlands and will be responsible for identifying and developing further business opportunities with new and existing clients.
the responsibilities in this position will include:
- Working closely to maintain a detailed understanding and overview of the market, the key account activities and the project opportunities;
- Developing new client relationships through pre-tender discussions, site visits, technical support and throughout the tendering and sales negotiation process;
- Taking the lead in the coordination and preparation of tenders for turbine supply, turnkey contracts and service activities;
- Leading negotiations with clients and coordinating the necessary internal resources in order to achieve successful contract closure on time and on budget with the support of the Head of Sales for EMEA and the Country Manager and playing a central role with the internal sales process;
- Close liaison and alignment with internal engineering, project management, commercial, legal and other departments where necessary;
- The provision of coordinated planning, forecasting and reporting, working closely with CRM and other IT tools, in line with company requirements and in cooperation with the Head of Sales for EMEA and the Country Manager;
- Close liaison with the Dutch Project Management and Service Departments to ensure a smooth transition of projects between departments and effective feedback processes throughout the Benelux operation.
This is a unique opportunity to join a small, but highly dynamic sales team, handling a large volume of projects at the various stages and with the goal of developing strong growth in one of Europe’s fastest growing markets for wind energy.
This is a permanent position with the but working partly from home is also a possibility.
Requirements for the role include the following:
- Degree-level qualification in an economics, mechanical/electrical engineering or suitable alternative discipline, together with a good technical awareness;
- Fluency in Dutch, together with excellent knowledge of both written and spoken English. Knowledge of an additional language would be an advantage;
- A strong commercial background with a minimum of 5 years experience in the sale of high value capital equipment to utilities and other institutional investors, preferably from the wind or other power generation industries and Dutch market place;
- A strong knowledge of the Dutch wind energy market and a track record in the sale of wind turbines is strongly preferred;
- A good understanding of contract structure through experience gained in working with FIDIC or similar types of contract. A competent grasp of contract law and key commercial principles is essential;
- The ability to take initiative, to develop and relate ideas amongst others and to work in close cooperation with the team and on an inter-departmental basis;
- The individual must be highly motivated and used to working unsupervised, have excellent communication and negotiation skills and must possess good organisation skills;
- The ability work within a dynamic and fast developing atmosphere
- Knowledge of project financing issues and experience with modeling cash flows and project economics would be an distinct advantage
- The ability to operate, influence and counsel at the most senior level within the function and towards business clients;
- A good intercultural awareness demonstrated through experience in working with international clients and colleagues would be advantageous.
Our client offers an attractive salary, important sales and performance bonus, trainings the Netherlands and abroad, possibility to work in international projects, health insurance, working tools, among others.