Our client is one of the largest energy generation companies in the world currently expanding its team in Chile. For their Santiago HQ they are looking for a Regulation Associate who will ensure the monitoring and dissemination of knowledge regarding the evolution of legislation in the electricity sector and work with regulatory bodies and sector agents in order to ensure the best positioning of the company. Coordinate administrative processes in the area.
- Monitor and analyze the legislation of the electricity sector in order to identify its impacts, risks, opportunities and improvements in the rules governing the activities of the electricity sector, specifically with regard to electricity generation and commercialization.
- Work with internal teams in the dissemination of specific knowledge inherent to the company’s activities and business, as well as identify issues that need regulation and/or improvements, within the scope of sector regulation.
- Coordinate administrative processes with sector bodies.
- Assist in the development of theses for the solution of problems, claims or defense of the company’s position in relation to the company’s business, through the analysis of impacts, technical justifications, in order to demonstrate to the regulator, the proper positioning and the necessary changes, ensuring the best positioning of the company and its results.
- To support the business areas in the development stages (portfolio and due diligence), construction and operation, in order to ensure the understanding and compliance with the legislation.
- Support the preparation of management presentations and internal newsletters.
- Support the preparation of projects for participation in energy auctions.
- Participate in external meetings and events related to the electricity sector, even outside the city of Santiago.
- REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
In-depth knowledge of regulatory matters in the electricity sector.
Minimum of 2 years of experience in the electricity sector, with a focus on regulation and/or commercialization.
- SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
SKILLS / COMPETENCES
- Analytical skills
- Problem-solving ability
- Oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to be self-motivated
- Sufficient schedule flexibility to occasionally travel.