Our client is one of the leading investment firms in energy infrastructure. For their team in Berling we are now looking for a PV Engineering Manager to report to the Head of Engineering in their main HQ in Germany.
The engineering manager is responsable for overlooking the detailed design and provide the necessary technical support for construction activities.
Also preparation and review of design specifications, and Engineering design packages (Mechanical, Civil and Electrical) for large scale PV and BESS projects during all project phases.
In addition to being a main technical reference for engineering and construction activities, the engineering manager shall guide the PV engineers and review their design related activities during detailed design, project engineering of PVPPs and BESS for the pre-construction and construction phases. The role will have a prominent exposure to and interaction with the engineering, project management, construction teams, Technical advisors and external design offices.
- 10+ years of experience in project engineering, PV, MV and HV substation design.
- Proven experience in engineering design for utility scale PV plants connected in medium and high voltage.
- Team player, problem-solver, pro-active and results-oriented.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability and proven experience to think creatively and develop innovative solutions involving electrical and mechanical challenges
- Effective skills to engage and communicate with all stakeholders
In this strategic role you will be responsible for:
- Act on project level as the key Engineering representative and interface to all internal and external stakeholders by coordinating the various internal engineering work streams such as PV design, civil design and for grid infrastructure.
- Focusing on the realization and execution of global projects.
- Preparation of technical specifications, EPC tendering and detailed design Engineering packages (Mechanical, Civil and Electrical LV, MV& HV) for utility scale PV projects.
- Interface with the suppliers for coordinating manufacturing details.
- Responsible for technically and commercially optimized designs.
- Professional lead, management and coordination of technical details
- Lead the detailed engineering phase of the project and the preparation of the various PV design packages, specifications and BOMs for project execution in accordance with relevant local norms, standards as well as the compliance with the project requirements and contracts.
- Support in liaising with third party experts for Site Assessment Surveys and Reports according to project requirements.
- Support in the tDD processes for project transactions
- Support for preparation of project specific EPC contract technical Annexes.
- Support for preparation of purchase orders.
- Support PM teams as needed across all technical aspects during construction period, Works Completion, PAC and FAC.
- Supporting (on request) for Post Construction activities in case of problems during the operational phase in root cause analysis and solution finding.
- MS Office
- PVCase or Helios 3D or similar design tools
- Experience with power system and earthing studies
Graduate degree in electrical engineering or equivalent