Our client is an investor in solar renewable energy projects with a large pipeline of project in Europe and one of the fastest growing companies sin the sector. For their local team we are now looking for an experienced Project Manager. Your fist project will be two hours from Sofia, but more will follow. The person will be able to work from the office in Sofia and travel regularly on site.
Project Manager (PM) in construction will act as the Owner representative for utility scale photovoltaic project construction. PM will manage Owner’s engineering, procurement, and construction contractor as well as managing JV partners and Owner’s other contractors. PM’s primary responsibilities include oversight of construction, project budget tracking, and keeping project on schedule, avoidance of change orders, ensuring construction quality, and contracts administration.
- To manage all organisational, technical and formal aspects of the project construction.
- Monitoring project plans and project schedules along with contractor.
- Coordination and follow-up of project tasks and actions.
- Stay in contact with the PMO team, prepare and conduct meetings with contractor representatives.
- Act as Owner’s representative adding value to the construction of solar power plants that meet or exceed industry standards.
- Work to mitigate change orders and to ensure that construction is undertaken properly and that Owner’s risk is minimized.
- Ensure that contractors are performing and providing deliverables per the construction agreement/contract.
- Monitor daily construction activities at the project site including scheduling of work and delivery of equipment & materials.
- Prepare informative weekly and monthly project progress reports as required and to the desired standard.
- Manage and finalize contract processes and documents such as RFI’s and change orders, preparing them for management review and approval.
- Review, interpret, and provide feedback on contractor provided documents.
- Work with Owner operations staff, asset manager, and O&M provider to facilitate field visits and document review in anticipation of project substantial completion and commercial operation date.
- Provide initial evaluation of all Contractor payment applications to ensure accuracy relative to actual project construction status.
- Provide support for and/or lead construction contract negotiations.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering field or construction management preferred.
- Previous experience in renewable energy construction/project management role. Prior experience in the solar industry desirable.
- Fluent English language.
- Understanding of commercial, legal, financial, engineering, permitting, procurement processes for complex projects executed under international organization,
- Negotiation and communication skills,
- Experience in establishing working relationship and contacts with local authorities,
- Knowledge of environmental, construction and energy law.
- Strong general computing skills such as Excel, MSWord, MS Project, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Willingness to travel.
- Ability to motivate Contractor with solid communication skills and contract knowledge to accomplish Owner and project goals.
- Dynamic and international team. In this position you will be part of the international European team, with the possibility to grow and work on international projects