Our client is one of the main wind energy leaders in the market with a global presence and ambitious plans for expansion in Ukraine. Currently they have large energy projects under construction and operation in the South of the country and are now looking for a Financial Manager-Commercial Project Manager for their local operations based in Kiev.
In this role you will support the project manager in all commercial aspects of the project, including:
- Commercial and financial coordination during Project Implementation of international wind energy projects
- First contact person for all commercial issues of the project towards the company’s customers as well as internal and external interfaces
- Contract Management of complex contracts including drafting of notices under the contract
- Cost and Asset Management on project level
- Management of risks and opportunities during execution of the project
- Handling of outgoing invoices to customer and incoming invoices from subcontractors and related cash flow planning
- Administration and handling of payment securities and issuing of respective documents
- Insurance and claim management
- Monthly reporting of project performance to Management
- Contributing to contractual lessons learned and providing feedback to Sales, Legal and Tender Management departments
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experiences in commercial project management
- Experience in the construction industry, ideally wind power, preferred
- Degree in business administration or similar qualification
- Experience working with FIDIC Yellow and Silver Book projects preferred
- Good understanding of financial / commercial processes
- Ability to develop strategies for the cooperation with customers and subcontractors
- Experience in working with SAP
- Fluent in English
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in multinational teams
We look for the following in our commercial project managers:
- You will come from a legal, financial controlling, commercial analysis or quantity surveying background.
- The determination, creativity and good humour to work through the inevitable challenges we face in a rapidly growing and changing business & market
- The ability to work as a team member, and to help us to create a strong, successful, and enjoyable team
- Clear, common-sense communication skills.
- Ability to read complex contracts and work as part of a team.
- Ability to look at financial data and to relate it to real world situations. Ability to present that data in coherent and clear fashion utilising advanced excel and/or Power Bi software.
- Negotiation skills to avoid or mitigate claims from others and to exploit opportunities as they arise.
- Strong IT skills, especially MS Excel with knowledge of advanced data processing, analysis and presentation is key. Previous experience of SAP and Power Bi is an advantage.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- The ability to learn quickly.
- The ability to work with different business cultures