Our client is an international investor in wind energy. Currently they are putting together their offshore project team for the Baltic Sea projects and looking for a passionate Project Engineer with previous experience in complex energy infrastructure and wind projects.
Whilst the focus of this role will be on currently developed offshore projects, it is also expected that the role will provide ad-hoc support as the company investigates new offshore wind opportunities.
▪ Develop and manage the development phase engineering programme, identifying all key activities required to define and refine projects such that they can meet key stage gates.
▪ Manage all pre-FEED and FEED activities for offshore and onshore project infrastructure.
▪ Support project consenting/permitting, grid connection and land acquistion processes by providing input on engineering and technical matters such as anticipated design parameters and construction methods.
▪ Identify the need for specialist internal and external technical support. Manage the technical aspects of procurement of specialist external support, including for example drafting work scopes and undertaking coordinating technical assessment of proposals.
▪ Manage internal and external specialist technical support to ensure project requirements are delivered on time and to budget, especially with regards to project technical concept.
▪ Working with procurement, support initial engagement with the supply chain in connection with projects, including development of early stage tender documentation.
▪ Report progress on engineering and technical work during the project development phase.
▪ Where required, support the company’s work in monitoring and engaging in regulatory matters associated with the development and construction of offshore wind farm projects.
REQUIRED ACADEMIC SKILLS
A degree in a relevant engineering discipline (MEng or equivalent level preferred).
REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
A minimum of 3 years’ experience within the offshore wind sector is required. Experience in the development phase of projects is preferred. Chartered or Incorporated Engineer status is desirable.
Experience in a multi-disciplinary project environment is required. Demonstrable knowledge in all of the following areas is required:
- • Consenting processes associated with offshore wind farms in Poland
- • Wind farm and transmission asset design processes, standards and best practice, with particular focus on early stage project definition and optimisation.
- • Wind farm site characterisation, including typical site survey methodologies and site data requirements for design processes.
- • Wind farm and transmission asset construction methods and timescales.
- • Wind farm and transmission asset operation and maintance.
Demonstrable knowledge in all of the following areas is deiserable:
- • Planning and consenting processes associated with onshore and offshore transmission assets.
- • Wind farm and transmission asset electrical system design process and techniques.
- • Standards associated with the electrical system design of grid connected power projects,
SKILLS/COMPETENCIES: Strong communication skills; a self-starter who can work on their own initiative; strong interpersonal / team working skills; design management; project management.
LANGUAGES: Fluent in Polish and English.
MOBILITY: Flexibility to travel.
Is this the opportunity for you? Don’t hesitate to call us or write us. Stay safe!