Our client is one of the leading IPPs in the world creating now their team in Chile. For their large portfolio of wind and solar projects they are now looking for a Project Manager responsible for projects development and the delivery of the project to the technical team. In this role. Manage the company’s projects, from prospects to the delivery of the plant (wind/solar) in working conditions, following the company’s strategies and guidelines and guaranteeing projects are carried out under the best conditions in order to contribute to the successful fulfillment of the business plan.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS POSITION WILL INCLUDE
- DEVELOPMENT OF THE BUSINESS PLAN – Collaborate in the identification of suitable geographical locations in which to construct wind farms in order to contribute to the achievement of the business plan objectives.
- RELATIONS WITH THE AUTHORITIES – Keep the progress on the projects under your control up to date, promote the exchange of information and ensure that the objectives are met, in order to allow the progress of the running projects to be monitored. Establish a network of high level contacts with frequent ground presence.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT – In charge of projects from the identification/confirmation of opportunities to their transfer to Asset Management Team, following the company’s processes and tools. Guarantee the fulfilment of delivery time and project costs from the beginning of the promotion stage, throughout the construction and until the beginning of operation.
Management, monitoring and follow-up of technical and environmental studies, active role on wind turbine selection and follow up of tendering processes. Responsible for the constitution of quality application file and close project follow up.
- COORDINATION – Supervise and coordinate teams involved for each projects phase (engineering, construction, purchasing, financing, M&A, Energy assessment, environment, legal consultancy…) and eventually external partners or providers in order to ensure the complete coordination of all interventions and the quality of the contributions
- KNOWLEDGE OF THE COMPETENCE SECTOR – Understand in great detail competitors and the main participants in the area’s wind business, propose strategies, to detect opportunities (purchase opportunities, market alterations, etc.), to foresee risks and threats to guarantee the company’s competitive position. Identify and forge potential cooperation with other promotion companies or relevant actors.
- BUSINESS PLAN AND BUDGET ELABORATION – Take part in the definition and updating of the business plan and budget elaboration as regards the project assigned; take on the responsibility of fulfilling the delivery time and project costs in the assigned areas. Propose and support investment in those areas in order to achieve the objectives defined for the business unit.
- INSTITUTIONAL REPRESENTATION – Represent the Company before transport and distribution energy-producing organizations and other organizations in the sector, and before Public Administration and Elected people with the aim of defending the Company’s strategic interests.
REQUIRED ACADEMIC SKILLS: University Degree
Languages: Local language and fluent English
Project Certification: PMP (Project Management Professional) or similar will be consider a plus
Electricity Sector knowledge in renewable matters regulation will be consider as a high valuable plus
REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
At least 3 years or more in wind development.
Experience in wind and photovoltaic plants processing ,development, construction and connection.