Our client is an investor with over 30 years in investing in energy infrastructure. For their team in ITALY they are now looking for an experienced Project Developer.
The Project Developer manages the development of wind and solar plants, in accordance with the company guidelines, in order to contribute to the successful fulfillment of the business plan.
Autonomously manages the business from the identification of opportunities to contracting with the owners and external stakeholders involved, performing all the permitting procedures to achieve the Ready to Build status (RtB) and all the secondary permitting procedure in order to achieve the Commercial Operation Date (COD)of the projects.
- – Identify development opportunities: explore new and relevant sites through targeted personal research or through results made available by the GIS Team, with public and private actors. Identify greenfield and/or brownfield projects with suitable wind and/or solar resource and electrical transmission grid
- – Evaluate the technical and economic feasibility of the projects in collaboration with the departments involved (PM, E&C, EA, M&A)
- – Present, explain and advocate the project to elected representatives, authorities, associations, residents and any other stakeholder
- – Secure suitable project locations through the negotiation of preliminary land lease and/or land purchase contract, managing landowner relationships
- – Manage the procedures to apply for all the required permits, coordinating the activities to set up all the documents in compliance with applicable law
- – Support the management of the due diligence for M&A process
- – Represent the company in the field, interfaces with and coordinates all players involved in project
- – Research market and competition on an ongoing basis
- – Monitor and apply sector regulations
- – Develop and animate a network of business introducers
- – Provide pipeline updates, progress megawatt updates, and other reporting requests on a timely basis
Languages: Italian; English
At least 5 years of experience in the development of solar and wind projects
Written and verbal communication skills; Teamwork;
Autonomy in decision making/problem solving; Relationship capacity with authorities;
Ability to be self-motivated.
The candidare shall preferably be based in Sicily, but candidates from other locations will be evaluated.
Availability for travelling through national territory