Our client is one of the most rapidly developing investors in the offshore wind sector in the world, with a team of over 35 people in Poland managing the projects the company has in the Baltic Sea. We are now looking for a Procurement Manager for their team based ideally in Warsaw. The Procurement Manager will assist or lead in commercial negotiations and contract delivery for the area of responsibility, aiming to achieve the best cost-effective conditions, lowering risk and ensuring the delivery of all products and services required for the different phases of the projects on time, on budget and with the relevant performance and delivery guarantees.
Reporting to the Head of Procurement, the role will be responsible of supporting the Procurement deparment for developing offhsore cable installation procurement strategy understanding the relevant regulation, legal and regional requirements.
His or her responsibilities is to back the Procurement Department and achieve that all contracting and procurement matters are executed in accordance with legislation, ethical practices, applicable company policies and tender requirements.
The candidate must demonstrate the focus and drive dedicated to the development of the supply chain and knowledge and its application to specific situations.
- PROCUREMENT PROCESSES – Implement and manage procurement processes in accordance with department guidelines, playing a pivotal role and involving as required other company areas such as legal, finance, technical or project management. These processes range from the identification of a product or service to the negotiation, assessment and awarding, reporting and obtaining the company approval. This also includes challenging the scopes of work to determine where unnecessary costs can be avoided or more value can be captured.
- CONTRACTING STRATEGY – develops contracting strategy to provide the company with the best price, deadlines, quality, and other commercial/contractual conditions in order to minimize the risk and optimize the project timeline and deliverables.
- CONTRACTS MANAGEMENT – Control and manage the contract negotiation, assisting not only the commercial, but technical and legal discussions, maintaining and holistic view of the contract, the company requirements, the risk and aiming to achieve best commercial conditions.
- SUPPLIERS MANAGEMENT – In accordance with department guidelines the Procurement Manager will be the focal point for all communications with suppliers for any particular procurement process.
- MARKET ANALYSIS – Analyses trends and forecasts within the market with respect to suppliers, prices, quality, availability, or technological change. Understand supplier’s capability to deliver products and services according to requirements.
- COMPLIANCE – Develop, monitor and improve project policies regarding procurement, procure to pay, etc.
- REPORTING – Responsible for reporting to the Head of Procurement
- BUDGET AND PROGRAMME CONTROL – Responsible for compliance and regular follow up of budgets and programmes under its area of responsibility, advise and mitigate on potential deviations
Degree in Engineering (Civil, Electrical or Mechanical) or Commercial (Businness Studies). Any additional training in renewables or wind energy will be highly valued.
Proficiency to speak and write English fluently at negotiation level.
Ability to read, write and speak other languages will be a plus.
- 3-5 years of experience.
- Negotiation skills and experience with sourcing of goods and services, preferably related to offshore wind, renewable energy, oil and gas or energy industries.
- Experience in other roles such as Project Management, Tendering, Contracts Management or Engineering could be considered fulfilling with the below mentioned skills.
- Strong knowledge of procurement and supply chain management
- Deep understanding of cost drivers on contracts, demonstrating transparency and overall value.
- Understanding of contract law (preferably FIDIC and/or LOGIC contract styles)
- A Strong negotiation and analytical skills
- Willingness to work with contracts, pricing analysis and other departments of the company
- Excellent communication, report writing and presentation skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels. Have a positive, result-oriented and proactive approach to wide range of tasks
- Ability to challenge and influence
- Accountable, organised and able to prioritise
Job location will be in Warsaw, Poland. Flexibility to travel is required up to 25% of the time when necessary or required.
Advanced knowledge MS Office and 365.
B2B contract only
Possibility to gain experience in offshore wind projects in both development and construction