Our client is an international group investing and building in solar projects all around the world. For their Polish office in Warsaw we are now looking for a Procurement Manager to join their Procurement and Supply Chains team. The position, sources products and services for the company and projects. In this position you will be responsible for creating a buying strategy that considers the project budget and then find matching vendors. Your day includes working with the overseas supply chain manager of the company as well as coordinating procurement aspects with the company teams in Europe.
The ideal candidate will be competent in prioritising and working with little supervision. We are looking for a self-motivated and trustworthy professional to join our Client’s team.
- Ensure the timely and cost-effective acquisition of materials and equipment required for PV solar construction projects
- Identify and evaluate potential suppliers, including conducting research and gathering information about their products and services
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers, including terms and conditions, pricing, delivery schedules, and payment terms
- Manage the overall purchasing process, including issuing purchase orders, tracking deliveries, and reconciling invoices
- Maintain accurate records of all procurement and purchasing activities, including contracts, purchase orders, and invoices
- Collaborate with project managers and other internal stakeholders to identify and prioritize purchasing needs and ensure that materials and equipment are available when needed
- Manage and track budget and expenditure related to procurement and purchasing activities
- Addressing and resolving shipment and inventory issues.
- Communicate with J.V. partners, suppliers, retailers, customers etc., to achieve profitable deals and mutual satisfaction.
- Supervise Purchase orders and arrange stocking materials and equipment to ensure they meet the needs of project requirements.
- Prepare accurate reports for the upper management in the company’s HQ.
- Liaising and negotiating with suppliers and retailers.
Requirement & Required Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, logistics, business administration or a relevant field is preferred.
- 4+ years of Purchase/Procurement experience (Ideally in Renewables).
- Fluent communication skills in English and Polish language.
- Must have good knowledge on Solar Equipment’s like PV Module, Module Mounting Structure (MMS), Inverter, Transformer Station and other materials of construction & some knowledge in Substation & Transmissions component.
- Analytical skills, strong drive for results.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations and ISO requirements.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Familiarity with basic accounting principles.
- Excellent knowledge of M.S. Office.
- Typical office environment.