Our client is an international offshore wind investor with projects already under operation in Europe and offices in France. We are now looking for their team for a Procurement and Claim Manager. The Procurement and Claim manager is responsible for leading the negotiations and management of all the procurements contract of the project, before and during construction phase.
He/she is expected to lead in the negotiation and management of multimillion contracting process, including major project packages and commercially support in the management of those contracts working closely with individual work package manager(s) and internal/external lawyers.
He/she identifies contractual risks and recommend business-oriented mitigations and/or alternative solutions. When required support from the commercial point of view the settlement of contractual disputes, including support in arbitration and alternative dispute resolution procedures and resolving contractual variations and claims with suppliers.
- Negotiate and manage all new contracts, within and outside packages, following Project Management System rules
- Make sure all purchase order, invoice workflow and documentation are well managed for actual and new contacts
- Review and provide an opinion on change variation order within EPCI perimeter
- Identify claims risks and recommend business-oriented mitigations or alternative solutions to reduce the risk.
- Manage and negotiate all claims from inception to closure, in coordination with internal and external stakeholders
- Follow and maximize local content engagements and its impact on national and local economy
- Define and implement procure-to-pay processes
- Monitor overall procurement budget, ensuring the report to Project Director and Management Committee
- Define and improve relevant procurement procedures based on the industry good practices and standards
- Develop Ocean Winds knowledge of national and local industries to improve and maximise local impact of current and future offshore projects
- 10 years of experience as Procurement Manager, Commercial Manager or contract manager in large industrial projects
- Experience in drafting, negotiating and management high value and high risk construction contracts
- Experience in applying efficient procurements processes, structures and analytical tools
- Experience dealing with various international stakeholders
- Experience working in an intercultural environement, working independently, and as part of a diverse team.
- A analytical and critical thinking.
- Proactivity and hard-working capacity.
- Capability to work with contractual preparation and negotiation processes.
- Deep understanding of cost drivers on contracts, demonstrating transparency and overall value.
- Excellent communication skills including report writing and presentation and the ability to communicate effectively with partners, contractors and consultants.
- Autonomy, pro-activity and capability to anticipate issues, establishing suitable solutions.
- Ability to challenge and influence
- Strong sense of values and ethics, as well as confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information
- Accountable, Organised and able to prioritise
- Team-work mentality
- Job location will be in Paris . Flexibility to travel is required up to 20% of the time when necessary or required across the country or exceptionally to Sponsors HQs.
- Advanced knowledge MS Office and 365
- Database management skills