The Financial Planning & Control Associate will execute the Hungarian’s business financial planning and reporting activities. These activities cover three main areas, 1) Investment control, 2) Financial reporting and 3) Financial planning (budget and business plan). This job involves coordination with the Country Manager, Development, Construction and Accounting teams, and the P&C team in the HQ of the company in Europe. Our client is looking for a talented professional with an entrepreneurial spirit and self-motivated personality, wanting to be part of the energy transition effort in Hungary.
Investment control – Support development and construction teams with timely project cost control:
- Responsible for coordinating the Capex reforecast process with Development and Construction teams, ensuring timely and accurate output;
- Run Capex reports and provide detailed analysis of variance to plan.
Reporting – Provide management with an accurate view of the business unit’s performance:
- Monitor and control revenues and expenses, producing monthly reports and providing explanations for variances to targets;
- Support the monthly reporting process by analysing the business’s operational and financial performance and providing detailed explanations for variances to targets.Financial Planning – Provide precise short and long-term plans to help guide business:
- Support the budgeting, forecasting, and business plan processes;
- Understand and forecast renewable projects’ revenues and operating expenses.Other:
- Support Country Manager and Accounting team on a range of other operational matters relating to the finance aspect of the business;
- Act as a liaison between P&C and the local team in Hungary
REQUIRED ACADEMIC SKILLS:
• Degree in Management, Economics, Engineering, or Finance related field is preferred.
REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in Capex Control, Financial Planning and Analysis, Finance, Consulting or Big 4.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles.
- Well-rounded experience working with MS Office with high proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to use financial controlling tools (must be proficient in SAP or other ERP).
- Experience in the energy business with exposure to European markets (ability to understand key value drivers of business in different geographies) is a plus.REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: OTHERS:
Languages: Fluent in English. Skills/Competencies:
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and self-motivated personality.
- Motivation toward continuous improvement/learning.
- Sound analytical and quantitative skills.
- Ability to work concurrently on multiple projects, committed to producing high-quality work, detail-oriented and self-motivated.
- Passion and commitment with high personal integrity and a practical, pragmatic, and hardworking approach.
- Excellent data analysis and data mining skills. Ability to sort through large data sets to identify patterns and establish relationships to provide critical insights for the business.
- Experience working in a high-paced international environment is a plus.
Our client offers a competitive salary and bonus, private health insurance, company tools, the possibility to grow within an international company.