Our client is one of the largest players in the offshore sector and we are now looking for Onshore Substation Engineer.
The Onshore Project Engineer is responsible for managing the design and construction of the Project onshore substation and onshore export cable, ensuring it is delivered on time and on budget in accordance with company requirements
He or she will be responsible of ensuring that design solutions for the Work Packages under his/her responsibility deliver the most costs effective solution taking account of life cycle cost and system availability.
- Responsible for the technical analysis and definition of the project onshore works in accordance with applicable standards, legislation, ethics, and good practices across the offshore wind farms industry, tender requirements, regulatory aspects and project policies.
- This will include working on specifications and technical documentation to allow Project’s engagement with the correspondent subcontractors and to evaluate suppliers, with the intention of guaranteeing the correct application, bidding, construction and operation, ensuring that the determining factors established by the Permitting department, Environmental and other departments are met.
- Provides technical support to other areas of the technical department and other departments as necessary across the project lifecycle to ensure the successful completion of the project.
- Definition of consent and environment conditions associated with the onshore works and management of compliance during project lifetime.
- Maintain an effective and systematic planning and control of project electrical design and works (in what concerns cost, deadline, quality and safety); Ensuring control of the budget, deadlines and quality aspect.
- Together with the manager provide risk management plans of the cable packages as part of an overall project risk management strategy.
- Provide lessons learned on the projects and participate in wider company knowledge groups with peers across projects contributing to the application of synergies across the group.
• Foster collaboration and teamwork with the company corporate areas facilitating the efficiency in works related to the Project and alignment with company practices.
A recognized qualification in health and safety would be advantageous.
The project has an international team of employees and the working language is English. Candidates need to be fluent in English both spoken and written.
- A minimum of 5 years’ work experience with a proven track record in onshore substations electrical and civil works.
- Contractual negotiation experience will be valued. KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of standards/regulations applicable to design and construction of civil engineering works is essential.
- Knowledge of specific standards/regulations associated with large scale transmission connected substations is desirable.
- Specific knowledge of electrical and Scada aspects of wind turbine technology is desirable.
- Demonstrable knowledge is required in relevant areas including: site ground conditions assessment / enabling works design / drainage / equipment foundation design / construction planning / consenting and planning considerations
- Knowledge of the latest legislation and guidance of the management of health and safety is also required.SKILLS
- Strong technical skills.
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the project team.
- Proactive to identify and resolve problems, and to find optimizations and improvements.
- Commercial awareness in order to identify risks and opportunities early and initiate appropriate actions.
- Ability to work within approved budgets and under deadline pressure.
Location in Warsaw or Tricity, but travelling to supplier’s facilities and offices, local construction ports and constructions sites may be required.