To support his major project in France our client is looking for an Offshore Sub Station (OSS) Design Manager to manage the design of the OSS package in order for the core deliverables to be produced on time and within budget.
- Manage OSS design, acting as the single point of contact for formal technical communication with the OSS topside and foundation designer.
- Design Contract day-to-day follow-up in cooperation with Contract Manager.
- Participate as reviewer of the deliverables produced by the OSS topside and foundation Designer, identifying any lack of completeness, hold points, attention points, etc.
- Provide key engineering advice, assessment, and recommendations to ensure delivery of the design and construction of the topsides and foundations within time, budget and quality following the highest industry practice and respect for HSE regulatory permit and legal compliance.
- Coordinate the incoming and outgoing information relevant for Design progress with external stakeholders and internal packages throughout the development and execution stage.
- Provide expert advice on programme strategies / engineering, strategies / risk levels.
- Review all technical informations relevant as input for the design of topsides and foundations from the Fabrication and Transport and Installation (T&I) tendering processes and vice-versa.
- Leading the technical meetings with OSS topside, foundation, and T&I Contractors during the engineering phase, including discussions with the Certification Body and Marine Warranty Surveyor.
- Participating in interface meetings between the OSS topside, foundation, T&I, EXC and IAC Contractors and supporting the Interface team throughout the engineering phase.
- Supporting the preparation of the relevant technical documentation for OSS topside, foundation fabrication and T& Tendering process regarding the Design.
- Coordinate and ensure the timely response of TQs and RFIs during the engineering phase.
- Verifying design documentation, fabrication drawings, answering TQs, RFIs, communication notes etc., during the engineering phase.
- Manage Variations and Notices from the Designer, while protecting the Project’s best interests.
- Coordination of works necessary for the preparation of detailed design, approved for construction (AFC) and as-built drawings.
- First article inspection during fabrication.
- Master’s Degree with Minimum five years of relevant experience as a professional structural design engineer in offshore wind.
- Experience in the following areas: Structural steel design (primary and secondary steel) of offshore substations, jacket foundations and their appurtenances.
- Deep knowledge in design of steel structures, welded/bolted joints, in design codes and standards such as DNV, ISO, Norsok and Eurocodes. Knowledge of corrosion protection systems for offshore structures. Knowledge of foundation design for offshore applications
- Knowledge of project management methods.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluent in English (mandatory), French would be a plus