Our client is one of the main investors in offshore renewable energy. Currently for their European team they are looking for an M&A Lawyer with experience in M&A transactions in infrastructure, ideally within the RES sector in Europe. The position can be based in Madrid, Paris or other locations where the company has offices.
YOUR MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provide legal advice and support, review contracts, and manage legal matters relating to business development and M&A activities of offshore wind projects developed by the company in different jurisdictions.
- Draft, negotiate, advise and manage a wide range of business development and M&A documentation (such as SPAs, SHAs, joint venture/partnerships agreements, joint bidding agreements, tender documentation, NDAs, services agreements, etc ).
- Analysis and management of complex and legal commercial issues arising from business development and M&A contracts negotiations and implementation.
- Management/support of claims and litigious matters in relation to these activities.
- Identify and pro actively manage legal risks in relation to these activities.
- Monitor pro actively legal trends and share knowledge and best practices and perform trainings on these activities.
- Efficiently manage outside counsel with an eye toward minimizing expenses.
- Ensure strict compliance with policies and procedures and encourage a culture of compliance with laws and ethics.
- Be accountable for setting and ensuring the implementation of legal best practices.
- Cooperation with the other members of the legal teams.
- Ability to identify risks and propose alternative strategies in order to mitigate risks.
- Ability to multi-task and oversee multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work successfully in a dynamic team environment.
- Ability and willingness to timely meet fluid and changing priorities.
- Ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Strong analytical, negotiation, and problem-solving ability.
- Positive and proactive approach.
- Strong work ethics.
Degree in Law.
- 6-7 years of experience in international Law Firm or in house.
- Experience of M&A/partnerships required.
- Experience in renewable energy projects/offshore wind a plus.
Fluent in English. Good command of any other language(s) will be an advantage.