Our client is one of the key investors in renewable energy projects in Chile and one of the largest utilities in the world. Currently for their legal department we are looking for a Legal Specialist to support the activity of the company, reporting to a more senior Legal department responsible. The main objective of the role is to provide legal support to the development area of energy projects in real estate, mining and environmental issues in Chile.
- Perform local legal work as requested by the Legal Area Leader.
- Actively participate in the development of RES projects and review of legal background for the evaluation of RES projects.
- Prepare legal reports, title studies, drafting and review of contracts, leases, easements, concessions, mining rights, licenses and processing of these before the corresponding services.
- Draft and collaborate in the negotiation of all types of contracts related to the business, execute complex commercial operations.
- Coordinate legal-administrative procedures, preparation of all legal documentation, drafting agreements with owners and lead the negotiation, verification of the legal title of properties, resolution of disputes and appeals.
- Lead legal aspects associated with projects and/or transactions in different matters (contracts, negotiation and management, corporate and corporate, permitting, environment, connection, etc.),
- Be responsible for coordination with external lawyers.
- Perform other functions related to the Area that are assigned.
- ACADEMIC LEVEL
- Degree in Law
- REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE3 – 5 years’ experience in a n law firm or in-house legal services for an energy law firm in Chile.
English: Desirable, not exclusive
- SKILLS / COMPETENCES
- Ability to manage priorities and flexibility to adapt to changing organizational needs.
- Mature judgment and discretion, dependability, and strong work ethics.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Oral, written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Competency in Analytical Problem Solving, Strong Communication
- Customer/Partner Relationships and Technology expertise (preferred)
- Availability to travel inside and outside of Chile.
The company offers: permanent salary and bonus package, private health insurance, sports co payment, lunch vouchers, company tools, trainings,