Our client is one of the leading IPPs investing now in both wind and solar projects in Greece. For their local Team they are now in search of a Legal Associate, with experience in commercial law preferably within large EPC, O&M contracts as well as ideally experience in the energy regulatory framework in Greece.
Provide legal support to the Company. Provide legal assistance by attending to the needs of the Company regarding the fulfilment of obligations in business development and management, compliance, and reporting in accordance with Legal Department Guidelines and applicable legal requirements. Assist with legal support of the corporate bodies and defend and coordinate judicial proceedings.
- Perform the entire local legal work as well as specifically-delegated substantive legal work such as draft agreements, memorandums, etc.
- Provide legal support to the Company and in business development and management: Purchasing, Engineering, and Construction, Human Resources, General Services, Financial and Tax, Environmental, Asset Management, O&M, Project Management and Development, M&A, etc.
- Provide legal advice in legal-administrative proceedings, preparation of all the legal documentation, drafting of landowner’s agreements and support in the negotiation, check the legal title of the property, dispute resolution, and appeals.
- Coordinate with internal and external clients, external law firms, legal experts, Notary, etc. for the execution of legal documents, and to develop mechanisms for reporting.
- Legal Deffense and coordination of civil, criminal, and contentious-administrative proceedings.
- Prepare, revise and negotiate legal contracts and documents: NDA’s, Supply Agreements, EPC and BOP contracts, O&M, Project Finance, Services Agreements, etc. under Head of Legal supervision
- Prepare, revise, and negotiate corporate documents, Due Diligence, MOU’s, SPA’s, SHA’s. Participate in complex M&A operations. Legal support of the corporate bodies and joint ownership, under Head of Legal supervision
- Compliance: Provide legal assistance to comply with legal duties, regarding Criminal Law, and regulatory issues, dealing with challenging Company processes as an adaptation to General Data Protection Regulation.
- Prepare legal and miscellaneous correspondence.
- Prepare and follow the progress of applications for permits, licenses, as well as the administrative proceedings, and if the case, the contentious proceedings, related to those permits. In this context, prepare the appropriate responses to public reports that may affect the Company’s projects, as well as to any opposition presented against the Companies
Projects, with the objective of guaranteeing the Deffense of the rights and interests of the Company.
- Knowledge and follow-up of the regulatory framework at a national, regional, and local levels in matters affecting the Company. Analyse new Law projects and collaborate in the amendments’ proposals.
- Trainees’ mentoring and supervision.
- Maintain database with main local laws and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
At least 4 years’ experience as a lawyer, with a completed Degree in Law and experience preferably in the Renewable Energy sector.
Languages: Greek Native. Fluent in English.
- Ability to manage priorities and flexibility to adapt to changing organizational needs
- Mature judgment and discretion, dependability and strong work ethic
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Oral written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Availability to travel when required
- Ability to work in organized teams
- Understanding of Microsoft products and/or complementing products (Preferred)
- Competency in Analytical Problem Solving, Strong Communication, Customer/Partner Relationship and Technology Expertise (Preferred)