Our client is one of the leading investors in energy generation infrastructure from renewable energy sources in the world. For their growing team in Budapest they are now looking for a Legal Associate. This professional will be responsible of providing legal support to the Company under the supervision of the Legal Manager. Provide legal assistance to the needs of the Company regarding the fulfilment of obligations in business development and management, compliance, and reporting in accordance with applicable legal requirements. Provide legal support of the corporate bodies and defend and coordinate judicial proceedings.
- Perform local legal work as instructed by the Legal Manager
- Perform legal support to the different business units of the Company: Purchasing, Engineering, and Construction, Human Resources, General Services, Financial and Tax, Environmental, Asset Management, O&M, Project Management and Development, M&A, etc.
- Provide legal advice in legal-administrative proceedings, preparation of legal documentation
- Cooperation with internal and external clients, external law firms, legal experts, Notary, etc.
- Legal defense in civil, criminal, and contentious-administrative proceedings.
- Prepare, revise and negotiate project contracts and documents: Supply Agreements, EPC and BOP contracts, O&M, Project Finance, Services Agreements, etc. under Legal Manager supervision
- Prepare, revise, and negotiate corporate documents, NDA’s, MOU’s, SPA’s, SHA’s. Participate in complex M&A transactions. Legal support of the corporate bodies and joint ownership, under Legal Manager supervision
- Prepare and organize company registration procedures.
- Compliance: provide legal assistance to comply with legal duties, regarding Criminal Law, and regulatory issues, dealing with challenging Company processes as an adaptation to General Data Protection Regulation.
- Prepare and review legal and miscellaneous correspondence.
- Prepare and follow the progress of applications for permits, licenses, as well as administrative proceedings, and if the case, the contentious proceedings, related to those permits. In this context, prepare the appropriate responses to public reports that may affect the Company’s projects, as well as to any opposition presented against the Companies
- Knowledge and follow-up of the regulatory framework at a national, regional, and local levels in matters affecting the Company. Analyse new Law projects and collaborate in the amendments’ proposals.
- Other duties as assigned by the Legal Manager.
Degree in Law (Hungarian University)
Hungarian Bar Exam
REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
At least 3 years’ experience after bar exam as an in-house lawyer or as an attorney-at-law at an international or reputable local law firm.
Experience in M&A transactions, energy projects and regulations and general commercial law matters
- Hungarian Native. Fluent in English.
SKILLS / COMPETENCES
- Ability to manage priorities and flexibility to adapt to changing organizational needs
- Mature judgment and discretion, dependability and strong work ethic
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Oral written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Proactive and result oriented
- Ability to work in different cultures and adapt accordingly
- Availability to travel when required
- Ability to work in organized teams
- Understanding of Microsoft products and/or complementing products (Preferred)
- Competency in Analytical Problem Solving, Strong Communication, Customer/Partner
- Relationship and Technology Expertise (Preferred)
OUR CLIENT OFFERS:
ATTRACTIVE SALARY AND BENEFITS
PRIVATE HEALTH INSURANCE
COMPANY TOOLS AMONG OTHER BENEFITS