Our clients is one of the leading IPP in the world present in all continents. Currently for their growing team in Greece they are looking for a Legal Advisor. In this role you will provide legal support at the request of, or in collaboration with other lawyers at Legal Corporate responsible for specific matters. Provide legal assistance by attending to the needs of the company regarding the fulfillment of particular obligations in business development, compliance and reporting in accordance with the company’s Legal Corporate Department Guidelines and applicable legal requirements. Assist with legal-administrative support of the corporate bodies.
- Perform the entire Greek local legal work as well as specifically-delegated substantive legal work.
- Develop strong relationships with municipalities, governmental authorities and landowners.
- Coordinate with internal clients for the execution of legal documents, and to develop
mechanisms for reporting.
- Prepare legal correspondence.
- Prepare and follow progress of applications for permits, licences, as well as the administrative proceedings, and if the case, the contentious proceedings, related to those permits. In this context, prepare the appropriate responses to public reports that may affect the Company’sprojects, as well as to any opposition presented against the Companies projects, with the objective of guaranteeing the defense of the rights and interests of the Company.
- Knowledge and follow-up of the regulatory framework at national, regional and local level in matters affecting the company.
- Maintain database with main local laws and regulations.
- Support in the context of calls for projects and applications for projects (review of documents,risk assessment).
- Contracts: drafting, review and validation of various commercial agreements (NDA, MOU, service contracts, partnerships, guarantees, etc.), management and updating templates, training operational teams, risk management, support in the scope of private tenders.
- Support in real estate law (updating and validation of the templates of land agreements, competition strategy, risk management).
- Management of commercial leases (review and validation of contracts, checking of legal title).
- Litigation: follow-up of civil and commercial litigations (coordination with lawyers, reporting, strategy determination), drafting of amicable settlements
- General support in private law to operational teams (O&M, Asset Management, HR, Project teams).
- Analysis of complex and legal commercial issues arising from contract negotiations and existing contractual relationships.
- Provide support to the corporate bodies. RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
EXPENSES: N/A REQUIREMENTS
REQUIRED ACADEMIC SKILLS: master’s in law
REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
At least 3-4 years’ experience as lawyer, preferably in a reputable international Law Firm, and/or the Renewable Energy sector in the Greek market.
Experience in energy regulatory issues in Greek market, as well as in complex EPC contracts is highly valuable
Languages: Greek Mother Tongue. English Advanced level. Spanish a plus
- Ability to manage priorities and flexibility to adapt to changing organizational needs
- Mature judgment and discretion, dependability and strong work ethic
- Strong analytical and organizational skills and attention to detail
- Oral written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Availability to travel when required
- Ability to work in organized teams
- Be a team player as although the candidate will be expected to be able to work on their own they will also need to work as part of a cross departmental/international team.