Our client is one of the largest investors in renewable energy in Poland. For their current Project Development team we are looking for a Land Manager who will lead the land prospecting team. The company is open to consider candidates that are not necessarily from the Energy sector. Only permanent employment is possible.
Support to the fulfillment of the objectives set for the country by the Company in terms of capacity installed in onshore technologies (wind, PV and storage):
Implement the growth paths that best suit the local market, complying with all of the company’s internal policies (profitability, compliance, quality standards, etc.) and within the integration with the holding or sub-holding of the group that may be in the country.
Under the authority of the Head of the Business Development Department, the Land Prospection Manager is responsible for identifying/prospecting and securing land for the development of onshore renewable energy projects, solar photovoltaic and wind, responding specific conditions such as urban constraints, environmental requirements, distances and network connection capacities, etc. In addition, he/she will take charge of the control, monitoring and secure storage of lease agreements and leases or title deeds within the company.
- Contribute to accelerate the creation of own renewable pipeline (Greenfield)
- Research and evaluation of land to identify those areas that are best suitable for new wind / solar developments.
- Define and manage in coordination with an external services provided the development of GIS database in form of ArcGis Layers that can be overlapped to be used as a tool to identify the best suitable areas for new wind and solar developments.
- Define the layers to be developed from environmental, regional planning, land nature, grid connection, etc. standpoint to address key areas of interest.
- Be the final user and manager of the GIS –based database once provided by the third party to constantly monitor best areas for development.
- Secure land for new wind and solar developments
- Negotiate with landlords (private and public) to secure the land: lease agreements,acquisitions or any other legal title to secure necessary land (both during development, construction and operation phase) in accordance with best industry practices. The negotiation of the right of temporary occupation in the event of the installation of a metering mast may also be necessary for wind projects.
- Contracting local land agents to secure best identified land areas.
- Supporting negotiations between land agents and landowners assessing the opportunities from a wind/solar resource, environmental, orographic and spatial planning stand point.
- Monitoring the different land/projects opportunities.
- Responsible for the Local project development plan and Zoning Plan
- Assessment of potential projects/developments acquisitions from a wind/solar resource, land availability, environmental, orographic and spatial planning stand point.
- Providing support during due diligence, negotiations of project transactions and M&A processes within the scope of your responsibilities.
- Responsible of the on time due land payments together with back office.
- Monitoring of the status of secured land within the company (ii) Monitoring of compliance with internal requirements concerning the number of original documents required, signatures, legal control, secure storage of original documents, etc. (iii) Management of land lease registers; notarized or other records.
- Ensuring timely execution of binding contracts including but not limited to: liaising with finance department regarding upcoming payments under each secured contracts support the construction team in its relationship and exchanges with owners , communities and operators during the construction phase.
- Experience: Several years of professional experience in the field of renewable energies (wind and/or solar energy), securement of land
- Education: Business Administration, Engineering , Legal backgrounds, Topography, Environmental….
- Knowledge of agricultural land real estate law and environmental law would be an advantage
- Negotiating skills with a good feel for contact persons as well as the ability to establish and maintain contacts
- Advanced user of Geographical Information Softwares (ArcGis, AutoCad, PVSyst, WindPro…)
- Knowledge of wind turbine technology, yield calculation and environmental restrictions
- Experienced handling of polish legal standards , building law and renewable energy law related land ownership
- Desired qualities: Very good interpersonal skills, autonomy, aptitude for teamwork, ability to synthesize, involvement and rigor, efficiency, ability to carry out several projects in parallel and know how to manage priorities.
- Proven experience in authorization procedures for utility-scale PV and wind-projects
- Fluent in English, knowledge of Spanish an advantage
Experienced handling of legal standards such as the Polish renewable energy Building Permits , building law and renewable energy law.
OUR CLIENT OFFERS: Permanent employment, company car, yearly bonus, attractive salary, trainings among other benefits.