Our client is one of the largest energy generation companies from renewable energy sources. They have an established team in Budapest and currently are looking for an experienced HSE professional for the role of HSEQ Lead for Hungary. In this role you will assess the company in H&S and Quality matters in both development and construction, plus O&M of solar utility scale projects.
In this role you will:
- Advise the different business units regarding occupational health and safety and propose improvement actions that optimize results.
- Advise the chain of command and workers in committee meetings, as well as in all other sorts of consultations on occupational health and safety matters.
- Set objectives and goals for health and safety matters, and make sure that they are complied with by raising the awareness of the players involved.
- Prepare the forms used for gauging and reporting accidents so that they can be resolved and manage the corresponding databases. Carry out their analysis and propose the appropriate measures.
- Be able to carry out and to review risk assessments, emergency plans, annual service reports, etc.
- Have a deep knowledge of occupational health and safety regulations, including how they apply to our sector, as well as technical standards.
- Organize and plan follow-up audits, as well as certification audits as stipulated by ISO 45001, based on the information received from HSEMS manager.
- Hold coordinating meetings with both contractors and safety auditors in order to make sure that their OHS certification continues to be recognized by the Group.
- Be an accredited occupational health and safety trainer.
- Advise the chain of command on assembling a yearly calendar of events that includes training for workers.
- Inform and educate workers on occupational health and safety in order to raise their awareness and provide them with documentation about what they should look out for on the job.
- Definition of PPEs linked to each position and approval of suppliers for them.
- Perform safety inspections
- ACADEMIC LEVEL
Occupational Health and Safety Officer or equivalent.
- Occupational Health and Safety Systems Auditor, licensed to carry out ISO 45001 audits.
- REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Between 2 to 5 years in OHS companies or in OHS management, OHS management systems auditing, coordinating business activities, OHS policy and field work.
- Experience in implementing occupational health and safety management systems that comply with ISO 45001
- SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of the energy sector (regulations, statutory reviews, etc.).
- SKILLS / COMPETENCES
- Driving license
- Good oral communication, empathy and people skills
- Team work player
- Organizational skills
- Responsibility for their tasks
- Readiness for travelling
- Readiness for working at heights – wind farm facilities
Our client offers
Attractive salary and yearly bonus
Private health insurance
Trainings, among other benefits.