Our client is one of the largest IPPs in the world now developing and building a large renewable project portfolio in Chile. We are now looking for an HSE Specialist for their team. In this role you will supervise and control, with all the Company’s areas involved, the implementation of the Group’s health, safety and environmental policies. Support the environmental permitting process of the projects under development and also environmental requirements in construction phase. Manage the environmental aspects of renewable facilities during their operation.
- DEVELOPMENT STAGE: work in collaboration with project development and management teams, to ensure the correct management of the environmental aspects of the projects under development. Supervise the environmental viability of the sites location, the environmental impact assessment and the environmental permitting of the projects. Coordinate the environmental works and studies made by environmental consultants to achieve the delivery objective in terms of deadline and quality.
- CONSTRUCTION STAGE: manage and supervise the follow up of the HSE metrics of all the projects since the beginning of the construction until the end to ensure the fulfilment of the H&S and Environmental prescriptions. Ensure that the activities of the contractors and subcontractors are made in respect of the H&S and Environmental management systems of the company. Do environmental issues (including supervision of specialized consultant companies or legal compliance) and H&S coordinator follow-up.
- OPERATION STAGE: manage and supervise the follow up of the HSE metrics and ensure the right management of the HSE aspects of the Company’s facilities. Ensure that the activities of the contractors and subcontractors are made in respect of the H&S and Environmental management systems of the company.
- HEALTH&SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM: implement and maintain the HSE management system of the company. This may include:
- ensure that all the activities of the company are performed according with the legislation in force;
- implement the HSE plans to ensure their application and fulfilment by the company’s employees as well as by the external entities;
- participate to the internal and external HSE audits and inspections;
- collect and analyze the information regarding the HSE performance and establish the appropriate action plans for continual improvement.
- promote and collaborate on the communication of initiatives related to environment and sustainability.
- Hold coordinating meetings with both contractors and safety auditors in order to make sure that their OHS certification continues to be recognized by the Group.
- Environmental Engineering or Environmental sciences.
- Occupational Health and Safety Officer or equivalent.
Above 5 years in Chile.
Experience in HSE management systems and environmental Project Management.
Having experience in renewable energies and/or social affairs is a plus.
Knowledge of the local H&S and Environmental Regulations; Environmental impact assessment; renewables projects permitting; waste management; environmental and health & safety management systems (ISO 14001, ISO 45001)
Be a HSE auditor is a plus.
Languages: English and Spanish are a must.
User-level command of Word, Excel and Access.
Use of ArcGIS software.
Good communication skills.
Analysis and team work skills.
Understanding of Microsoft Products and/or complementing products (preferred)
Competency in Analytical Problem Solving, Strong Communication, Customer/Partner Relationships and Technology expertise (preferred)