Our client is an investor in renewable offshore wind projects with a global presence. Currently for their office in Gdynia, we are looking for an HSE Specialist to work for 4 months replacing the current HSEQ responsible. This is a great chance for a freelancer to work full time on offshore wind infrastructure and gain experience in this area.
In this role you will support the HSEQ Department in the development and implementation of the HSEQ integrated Management System according to international standards requirements (ISO 45001, ISO 14001 and ISO 9001), Company and Corporate standards requirements and the industry best practices.
Set up methodologies and control measures so that all projects and site operations comply with the HSEQ management system.
Deliver excellence and continual improvement in the areas of Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality.
- To assist with the compliance with all Company HSEQ processes and procedures in line with National legislation, ISO 45001, ISO 14001 and ISO 9001 standards and Corporate system requirements.
- Ensure a good knowledge of all current, relevant HSE legislation and codes of practice, whilst keeping up to date with new legislation and any developments.
- Ensure suitable and sufficient support and guidance on all HSEQ topics is maintained e.g. risk assessments and method statements.
- Ensure safe operational procedures have been identified and take account of all relevant hazards.
- Develop, implement, and improve the HSEQ management system policies and procedures.
- Support the compliance with legal and other requirements.
- Produce statistics and information on HSEQ management system use and effectiveness.
- Performance reporting and escalation.
- Prepare management review and other meetings. Participation in, and coordination of, HSEQ meetings.
- Support the certification according to ISO 45001, ISO 14001 and ISO 9001 standards.
- Participate in the management of health and safety, quality and environmental trainingand qualification.
- Support in developing product safety and quality.
- Help stablishing, communicating, and managing the standards of HSEQ reporting, data andindicators required in all activities both internally and externally.
- Monitoring, measurement, analysis, and evaluation of HSEQ information and data comingfrom the business units, projects and corporate departments.
- Review machinery and equipment both during design and installation phase to ensure allrelevant quality standards and requirements are met.
- Ensure compliance with quality requirements through inspection, incoming control, andquality walk-downs.
- Plan and conduct HSEQ inspections and audits. Ensure coordination in collaboration withdifferent departments to satisfy Company and Corporate HSEQ requirements.
- Register and report HSEQ incidents/inspections/audits in the system and case handle themuntil closure of defined corrective and preventive actions.
- Ensure inspections findings are monitored and improvement actions are beingimplemented.
- Identify, describe, register and report Non-Conformities in the system and case handle them until closure.
- Maintain the HSEQ Action Register for items arising from inspections, audits, incidents, etc.
- Maintain the Company/Project HSE Risk Register and ensure proper implementation of the mitigation measures under assigned responsibility.
- Maintaining internal and external reporting according to established systems.
- Review, approve and document inspection and audits reports, and promote the HSEQ culture on sites.
- Maintaining and updating emergency response plans, offshore wind farm rescue plans, spillcontingency plans, procedures and measures.
- Monitor readiness/response to emergency situations through regularly held anddocumented drills.
- Oversee investigations following any significant HSE incident or near miss, including rootcause analysis, corrective and preventive action handling production of statistics formanagers is maintained.
- Participate in/lead the incident investigations.
- Provide information to Management on accidents/incidents in a timely manner according to established system and company procedures.
- Monitor compliance against the monthly HSEQ schedule.
- Liaise with HSEQ colleagues across various sites within the organisation.
- Formulate HSEQ engagement process including attendance of leadership team reviews or safety meetings.
- Collate material and equipment certification and control of certificates, handovers,documents etc.
- Participate in audits in accordance with HSEQ specifications and requirements.
- Participate in lessons learned workshops/campaigns and identify and propose process improvement aspects.
- Support all departments in the selection and management of contractors.
- Help coordinating HSEQ budgeting and expenditure.
- Support representing Company to agencies, public and private institutions if needed.
- Consultation with outside experts on HSEQ matters when required.
- Participation in, and coordination of, HSEQ meetings.
- Oversee the creation of project HSEQ related plans, Site Specific method statements and risk assessments to maintain compliance.
- Planning practical and effective methods, both preventative and remedial, for thecontinuing promotion of health and safety in all working practices.
- Identifying and suggesting changes to working practices to improve safety and legislative compliance.
- Producing management reports, newsletters and bulletins.
- Work closely with Contractors and Suppliers to ensure coordinated HSEQ plans.ACADEMIC BACKGROUNDDegree in Engineering or technical relevant discipline or MoS in Environmental Protection or relevant discipline and specific health & safety, quality and environmental studies/postgraduate studies (auditor qualification will be valuable).
Our client has an international team of employees and the working language is English.
- 3 to 6 years of management and coordination experience in a matrix organization on corporate level.
- Proven experience in a HS/E/Q role within an Engineering/Manufacturing/Energy/Utility organization or similar industry. Experience on renewable wind energy will be valuable.
- Operational experience in a related field.
- Experience with Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality management systems.
- Experience with database systems or statistical tools.
- Experience on auditing processes.KNOWLEDGE
- Engineering and technology knowledge from an engineering or energy industry
- Knowledge working with ISO 45001, ISO 14001 and ISO 9001
- Advanced knowledge in producing and driving procedural documents
- Knowledge on how to apply health, safety, quality and environmental methodologies tosupport the projects
- Knowledge in organizing meetings and creating and presenting power point presentations
- Knowledge in analyzing incidents dataSKILLS
- NEBOSH IGC or Construction Certificate or Technical O&G or equivalent.
- Experience of carrying out compliance auditing at all levels
- Have a good level of physical fitness for working in an offshore environment
- Have a high level of quality awareness
- Are structured and well-coordinated
- Are a committed team member
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proactive approach to optimizations and improvements.
- Capability to provide strong leadership to the business units, projects, corporatedepartments and external suppliers or providers.
- Ability to easily identify and resolve problems.
- Develops a general overview and understanding of projects.
- Good IT skills (Word, Excel, Visio, Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, email etc.)
Job location will be Gdynia. Availability to travel will be required (20-30% of time) and may increase as the project progress (40-50% of time).