Our client is one of the leading investors in solar and wind projects in the world with a solid presence in Poland. Currently for their main offices in Warsaw we are looking for a Head of Project Management and Environment. Your main accountabilities in this role will be:
- PROJECTS MANAGEMENT
o Manage the projects’ execution, from the engineering to the handover to Asset Operation department (after COD), according to the Company’s procedures.
- Ensure the highest quality standards are upheld throughout the project’s life cycle.
- Mentor, challenge and accompany Project Managers in carrying out the assigned projects, ensuring the fulfillment of the budget and the timeline.
- Manage and establish effective relationships with the main internal and external stakeholders to minimize conflicts and risks for the projects.
- Supervise and coordinate Company’s teams involved for each organic project phase (engineering, development, construction, purchasing, financing, M&A, Energy assessment, environment, legal consultancy…), in order to ensure the complete coordination of all tasks and the fulfillment of the budget and the timeline.
- Supervise and coordinate Company’s teams involved for the due diligence of the acquiring projects, in order to ensure the complete coordination of all tasks.
- BUSINESS PLAN AND BUDGET ELABORATION
- Supervise the projects’ return appraisal (modelling) in coordination with the relevant Company’s department (M&A).
- Supervise the budgeting, controlling and reporting of the projects in accordance with the Company’s Business Plan and in coordination with the relevant Company’s department (M&A, P&C, ACT).
- Identify deviations from the Business Plan and/or the budget and propose corrective measures.
- Propose and support investment in those areas in order to achieve the objectives defined for the business unit.
- KNOWLEDGE OF THE COMPETENCE SECTOR
- Identify and forge potential cooperation with other companies, developers, competitors and supplier, understanding in great detail the renewable market in Italy, knowing competitors and the main participants in this business (included Wind Turbine and PV module supplier, Electrical and Civil Works contractors and suppliers, engineering advisors)
- Foresee risks and threats to guarantee the Company’s competitive position.
- INSTITUTIONAL REPRESENTATION
- Represent the Company before TSO and DSO and other organizations in the sector, and before Public Administration and Elected people with the aim of defending the Company’s strategic interests.
- TEAM MANAGEMENT
- Manage and exercise leadership, setting objectives and responsibilities, encourage and motivate staff to strengthen the commitment to the company.
- Coaching and mentoring the team members to promote skills improvement and an adequate professional growth
- Apply and promote best practices among the team members
Master Degree in Engineering
– Languages: Polish and fluent English
– 8-12 years’ experience in renewable projects management and in the management of complex teams
- Negotiation skills
- Financial modelling skills
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Autonomy in decision making/problem solving.
- Strong regional network and ability to build trusted relationships.
- Strong influencing, interpersonal and change management skills.
- Ability to be self-motivated.