Our client is an international group investing in renewable energy projects with a focus on South and Central Europe. Currently they have a large portfolio under operation and development in solar and BESS projects. KALE Recruitment is now looking for the person that will lead the BESS projects as Head of Battery Storage of the group. The role is a leading role within the structure of the organization and could be based in Berlin, Zurich or Warsaw, where the company already has teams.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong understanding of battery technology and of its integration with PV power plants and grid infrastructure. Strong expertise in energy storage markets and regulations are key. This role is expected to work closely with executive management and our development, engineering, legal and finance teams in Warsaw, Budapest, London, Zürich and Berlin.
Main responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Develop and execute a comprehensive business strategy to drive the growth of the energy storage business of the company; align with current market conditions and the company’s overall objectives.
- Define energy assessments and revenue stacking models. This includes organization and assistance of the various components of energy and financial analysis, with a excellent understanding of energy, capacity, ancillary service markets and economics.
- Build and lead a high-performing team, provide guidance, mentorship, and support to achieve shared goals. Foster a collaborative and results- driven work environment.
- Manage the entire project lifecycle from inception to completion for successful execution of energy storage projects. Coordinate with cross- functional teams including legal/finance, engineering, procurement, construction and operations to ensure project milestones are met.
- Coordination of all permits and studies including but not limited to environmental, grid connections conditions and building permits.
Stay up to date with advancements in energy storage technologies and emerging market trends. Apply this knowledge to develop innovative business strategies and drive continuous improvement and innovation
• Assist or lead, as applicable, any contract review, negotiation, and management of contracts.
• Monitor changing local and state incentives and regulations pertaining to BESS
REQUIREMENTS IN THE ROLE:
- Advanced degree in energy, business, engineering, or related fields
- Strong technical background in energy storage systems, including knowledge of battery technologies, grid integration, and system design.
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver results on time and within budget.
- Process-oriented mindset with the ability to identify areas for operational improvement and implement streamlined processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate cross-functional teams, fostering a collaborative and high-performance work environment.
- Thinking out-of-the-box, problem-solver, pro-active and results-oriented.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Effective skills to engage and communicate with all stakeholders internally and externally (legal team, construction & engineering team);
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s degree in related fields a plus.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant professional experience developing solar or other renewable energy projects, including minimum 3 years’ experience in commercial energy storage.
- 3-5 years’ experience leading direct reports
- Fluent in English, knowledge of an additional European language would be a plus
OFFER: attractive salary and bonus scheme, trainings, international scope of work, opportunity to grow in an international team.