Our client is a project development vehicle, part of a large investment holding focused on renewable energy projects in Poland and the rest of the world. For their local team we are now looking for a Head of Business Development.
This position will be responsible to originate acquisition opportunities of 600MW to 1GW solar pv projects in Poland annually, both in Ready-to-Build (RtB) and Pre-RTB status. (S)he will closely interact with the company’s Head of Project Development, who is in charge of providing the remaining Megawatt-projects through greenfield development activities. Close interaction will also be with the Head of Acquisition of a sister company within the holding who leads the deal execution and due diligence processes.
A true business development mastermind, the Head of Business Development seeks out suitable acquisitions targets for the holding, which means in the best quality and at the lowest possible price per MW. Such targets with RtB status should ideally have grid connection agreements, titles, and permits in place whreas the pre-RtB projects should have strong rationale for successful completion. The Head of Business Development follows the company’s KPIs for annual goals (total MW per year/ quarter/ month), costs (max. price per MW), and quality (the company’s engineering concepts can be applied).
Within the organization, the Head of Development will build the team to an apapropriate headcount and manage it as a professional leader to assure the origination pipeline, market research and visibility of the company.
- 10+ years of M&A/business development experience,
- Proven track record in Poland’s energy/RES segments, incl. the solar pv industry
- Excellent knowledge of the Polish solar pv market
- Proven experience for leading team
- Problem-solver, pro-active and results-oriented
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Effective skills to engage and communicate with all stakeholders
internally and externally
- Originate on time the required volume of PV projects in good quality at the lowest price possible (both RtB and Pre-RTB)
- Know all players in the industry, especially TSOs, DSOs, developers, peers/ competitors, and everyone that might sell a project at any given time
- Build and maintain strong and reliable relationships / a network with authorities, politicians, energy companies and utilities, landowners, interest organisations, and other relevant stakeholders
- Build a pipeline of projects / acquisitions targets, provide weekly update to top management
The company offers the opportunity to work on B2B or permanent contract. Private health insurance, yearly bonus for performance, company tools among other benefits.